The latest Jelly Bean custom ROM based on XXALJ3 release is dubbed Android
Revolution HD firmware Photo: XDA Developers
Samsung recently unleashed the XXALJ3 ROM based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update, which has been ported by custom ROM for a host of Samsung devices. The latest custom ROM based on XXALJ3 is dubbed Android Revolution HD.
The custom ROM firmware reportedly does not ship with a spate of unwieldy applications, but delivers superior stability and a highly customisable User Interface (UI). The new UI also comes with a stock theme option.
XXALJ3 Android 4.1.1 Based Android Revolution HD Firmware Features
- Removed software (CPU) rendering - full Exynos 4 Quad (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimised and tweaked
- ROOT (su + SuperSu Permissions - Thanks to chainfire)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimisations
- System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimisations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloatware applications removed
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- All /data applications updated to latest available
- Improved camera performance
- Improved CPU governors performance
- Optimal system scheduler
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data
Key Points to Note
- The Android Revolution HD ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable only to the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- The ROM is not an official release, but custom ROM firmware. Hence, you need to ensure that your Galaxy Note device is rooted and ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it before proceeding with the firmware installation. Verify whether your device is actually rooted by downloading and installing Root Checker app from the Google Play Store.
- Make sure that you back up your favourite apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while performing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Application > Development and check the USB debugging option. This feature supports USB connectivity for your phone with the computer.
- Ensure that you disable or completely uninstall antivirus and other security suites that may interrupt the firmware update process.
- Make sure that your phone's battery is at least 85 percent charged to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing the Android Revolution HD ROM.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the firmware update. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean with Android Revolution HD ROM
- After copying the ROM zip file, unplug the phone from the computer and power it off so that it can boot into the recovery mode.
- To do so, press and hold Volume Up and Home buttons together and then press the Power button to turn on the device in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap Wipe data/factory reset and hit Wipe Cache partition. Finally, click advanced and wipe the Dalvik cache too if you are already running another custom ROM firmware on your phone.
- Click install zip from SD card and select choose zip from SD card. Finally, browse and select the Android Revolution HD Custom ROM Firmware Package which you copied to your Galaxy Note 2 smartphone in step 1.
- Double-tap on the ROM zip-file to begin its installation. It will take about 4 to 5 minutes to complete the installation of this update. Once the update is done, hit go back and select reboot system now. The first boot is usually time-consuming and may take longer than normal.
Note: If the device enters boot loop sequence or say gets stuck at the welcome screen, just reinsert the battery and repeat the above instructions to complete the ROM installation procedure.
XXALJ3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM based Android Revolution HD firmware update is now successfully installed on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Android Advices]
To contact the editor, e-mail: