Cardinal Regain Series Lead With Game 3 Win Over Cardinals
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 18, 2012 3:07 PM EST
After a three and a half hour rain delay, the St. Louis Cardinals took a 2-1 series lead over the San Francisco Giants in the National League Championship Series with a win at Busch Stadium on Wednesday, 3-1.
Matt Carpenter, who replaced injured outfielder Carlos Beltran, hit a two-run home run in the third inning to give the Cardinals a 2-1 lead.
David Freese would score in the seventh after hitting a one-out double off Giants starter Matt Cain. The right-hander gave up three runs in six and two-third innings to get the loss, while Cardinals starter Kyle Lohse got the win after surrendering just one run in five and two-third innings.
Closer Jason Motte entered in the eighth inning and turned in a two-inning save to hold off the Giants.
The big issue for the rest of the series might be Beltran. The star outfielder left in the second inning with a knee strain. His availability for the Game Four is in doubt.
The Cardinals and Giants will meet for Game Four on Thursday at 8:00 pm eastern time in St. Louis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013