Cardinal Regain Series Lead With Game 3 Win Over Cardinals
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 18, 2012 3:07 PM EST
After a three and a half hour rain delay, the St. Louis Cardinals took a 2-1 series lead over the San Francisco Giants in the National League Championship Series with a win at Busch Stadium on Wednesday, 3-1.
Matt Carpenter, who replaced injured outfielder Carlos Beltran, hit a two-run home run in the third inning to give the Cardinals a 2-1 lead.
David Freese would score in the seventh after hitting a one-out double off Giants starter Matt Cain. The right-hander gave up three runs in six and two-third innings to get the loss, while Cardinals starter Kyle Lohse got the win after surrendering just one run in five and two-third innings.
Closer Jason Motte entered in the eighth inning and turned in a two-inning save to hold off the Giants.
The big issue for the rest of the series might be Beltran. The star outfielder left in the second inning with a knee strain. His availability for the Game Four is in doubt.
The Cardinals and Giants will meet for Game Four on Thursday at 8:00 pm eastern time in St. Louis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble