Cardinal Regain Series Lead With Game 3 Win Over Cardinals
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 18, 2012 3:07 PM EST
After a three and a half hour rain delay, the St. Louis Cardinals took a 2-1 series lead over the San Francisco Giants in the National League Championship Series with a win at Busch Stadium on Wednesday, 3-1.
Matt Carpenter, who replaced injured outfielder Carlos Beltran, hit a two-run home run in the third inning to give the Cardinals a 2-1 lead.
David Freese would score in the seventh after hitting a one-out double off Giants starter Matt Cain. The right-hander gave up three runs in six and two-third innings to get the loss, while Cardinals starter Kyle Lohse got the win after surrendering just one run in five and two-third innings.
Closer Jason Motte entered in the eighth inning and turned in a two-inning save to hold off the Giants.
The big issue for the rest of the series might be Beltran. The star outfielder left in the second inning with a knee strain. His availability for the Game Four is in doubt.
The Cardinals and Giants will meet for Game Four on Thursday at 8:00 pm eastern time in St. Louis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers