Is Amanda Bynes Ignoring Phone Calls From Former Co-Star Jennie Garth?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 18, 2012 1:21 AM EST
Amanda Bynes’ friends and family are not the only ones concerned about the troubled star. Bynes’ former co-star Jennie Garth says she is also concerned for the actress’s wellbeing, but hinted that Bynes has not been responding to her attempts to get in touch with her.
At a recent event in Beverly Hills hosted by Elle, Garth told US Weekly, “I tried reaching out to her and I haven’t been able to reach her.” The 40-year-old actress recently split from “Twilight” actor Peter Facinelli, with whom she has three daughters, after 11 years of marriage.
Garth and Bynes co-starred on four seasons on the WB sitcom “What I Like About You,” where they played Holly (Bynes) and Val (Garth), two sisters who reconnect when teenaged Holly is sent to live with Val in New York City.
But according to Garth, in real life she is struggling to play a supportive role to Bynes. “My heart feels for whatever she is going through and I love her dearly,” Garth said.
Bynes announced that she was retiring from acting two years ago, but has remained in the headlines for her frequent run-ins with the police and reportedly bizarre behavior. The 26-year-old is currently battling charges for a DUI, two hit-and-runs, and two counts of driving with a suspended license.
In September, tabloid photographers also snapped pictures of the star smoking from what appeared to be a marijuana pipe in her car, also while her license was suspended. Her behavior apparently angered fellow child star Lindsay Lohan so much that Lohan took to twitter to vent her outrage over the lack of repercussions for Bynes’ actions.
“Why did I get put in jail and a nickelodeon star has had NO punishment(s) so far?” Lohan tweeted on Sep. 17.
Just days after tabloids reported that the actress had received a citation for driving without a license culminating in her car being impounded, a shopping attendant at an L.A. boutique claimed she had suffered a meltdown in the shop’s dressing room.
After allegedly locking herself in a dressing room for nearly two hours, TMZ reported that a store clerk tried to persuade Bynes to come out but she refused, saying “I need more time.”
"I was so worried about her. I didn't know what she was doing in [the dressing room]. I didn't know if she was overdosing, or doing drugs or what," a store clerk later told TMZ.
But Bynes has fought back against all allegations that she is abusing substances or mentally unwell. "I am doing amazing," Bynes told People in September. "I am not talking about being arrested for DUI because I don't drink, and I don't drink and drive. It is all false."
"I am retired as an actor. I am moving to New York to launch my career. I am going to do a fashion line," she added.
Bynes has pleaded not guilty to DUI charges, and is scheduled for a pretrial hearing Nov. 29.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]