Lenovo IdeaTab S2110: Tablet Transformer Running on Android 4.0
By Vittorio Hernandez | October 17, 2012 6:14 PM EST
It took Chinese PC manufacturer Lenovo almost six months to transform the IdeaTab S2110 to go from CES reveal to retail outlets. During that time, ASUS managed to announce and ship a new hybrid tablet of its own, the Transformer Pad TF300 , which is a keyboard optional rival offering the same 10-inch, Android 4.0 experience with quad-core Tegra 3.
While Lenovo's offering may not come with four cores or an unskinned version of the Ice Cream Sandwich, there is a very contemporary dual-core S4 inside, clocked at 1.5GHz and buffered by 1GM of RAM.
Lenovo IdeaTab S2110 Tablet runs on Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich, along with its entire feature. It has built-in Qualcomm Snapdragon processor @ 1.50GHz.
The tablet device has 1GB of RAM, up to 32GB of internal storage and packed with connectivity such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, WCDMA/EVDO, and AGPS.
It has a dimension of 259.8 x 178 x 8.69mm, weighs 580g or 1.28lb with display size of 10.1-inch 1280x800 in plane switching display. The audio is powered by two speakers and SRS TruMedia. The device has 1.3MP HD webcam on the front and 5MP autofocus LED flash webcam on the back.
Lenovo IdeaTab S2110 comes with micro-HDMI, micro-USB, SIM Card slot, audio jack ports plus docking station with 2 USB 2.0 ports, 3-in-1 card reader, micro-USB-in port (for charging only), and 17-pin docking connector.
According to Lenovo, it lasts for 9-10 hours under WiFi web browsing and 18-20 hours if with its docking station.
Preloaded Applications include: Accuweather, AnyRadio, Docs to Go, eBay, ES File Explorer, Evernote, Extent Game Consol, Go IME, Kindle, Leadertech-Registration, Mobihand, App Shop, NavvDrod, Norton Mobile Security, Omniphone-Rara, ooVoo HD, Papaya Mobile, Printershare, Shazam, Silver Creek Games, Skype, Supersync, Vendetta Online, Viewster, Zinio.
The above list may still vary by region. The Google Play is accessible to any applications the user desires to download.
Lenovo IdeaTab S2110 costs $429.00.
According to technology research firm Gartner, Lenovo is now the top shipper of PCs in the world, the first time the Chinese IT firm grabbed the top market post. Infopackets reported that Lenovo accounts now for 15.7 per cent of the global PC market, boosted by the 13.77 million PCs it shipped for the September 2012 quarter.
It surpassed previous market leader, Hewlett-Packard, which is at second place with a 15.5 per cent market share.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28