Lenovo IdeaTab S2110: Tablet Transformer Running on Android 4.0
By Vittorio Hernandez | October 17, 2012 6:14 PM EST
It took Chinese PC manufacturer Lenovo almost six months to transform the IdeaTab S2110 to go from CES reveal to retail outlets. During that time, ASUS managed to announce and ship a new hybrid tablet of its own, the Transformer Pad TF300 , which is a keyboard optional rival offering the same 10-inch, Android 4.0 experience with quad-core Tegra 3.
While Lenovo's offering may not come with four cores or an unskinned version of the Ice Cream Sandwich, there is a very contemporary dual-core S4 inside, clocked at 1.5GHz and buffered by 1GM of RAM.
Lenovo IdeaTab S2110 Tablet runs on Android 4.0 or Ice Cream Sandwich, along with its entire feature. It has built-in Qualcomm Snapdragon processor @ 1.50GHz.
The tablet device has 1GB of RAM, up to 32GB of internal storage and packed with connectivity such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, WCDMA/EVDO, and AGPS.
It has a dimension of 259.8 x 178 x 8.69mm, weighs 580g or 1.28lb with display size of 10.1-inch 1280x800 in plane switching display. The audio is powered by two speakers and SRS TruMedia. The device has 1.3MP HD webcam on the front and 5MP autofocus LED flash webcam on the back.
Lenovo IdeaTab S2110 comes with micro-HDMI, micro-USB, SIM Card slot, audio jack ports plus docking station with 2 USB 2.0 ports, 3-in-1 card reader, micro-USB-in port (for charging only), and 17-pin docking connector.
According to Lenovo, it lasts for 9-10 hours under WiFi web browsing and 18-20 hours if with its docking station.
Preloaded Applications include: Accuweather, AnyRadio, Docs to Go, eBay, ES File Explorer, Evernote, Extent Game Consol, Go IME, Kindle, Leadertech-Registration, Mobihand, App Shop, NavvDrod, Norton Mobile Security, Omniphone-Rara, ooVoo HD, Papaya Mobile, Printershare, Shazam, Silver Creek Games, Skype, Supersync, Vendetta Online, Viewster, Zinio.
The above list may still vary by region. The Google Play is accessible to any applications the user desires to download.
Lenovo IdeaTab S2110 costs $429.00.
According to technology research firm Gartner, Lenovo is now the top shipper of PCs in the world, the first time the Chinese IT firm grabbed the top market post. Infopackets reported that Lenovo accounts now for 15.7 per cent of the global PC market, boosted by the 13.77 million PCs it shipped for the September 2012 quarter.
It surpassed previous market leader, Hewlett-Packard, which is at second place with a 15.5 per cent market share.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks