Ian Somerhalder Opens Up About ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Casting Rumors
By Czarina Malleta | October 17, 2012 4:02 PM EST
For the many female fans of the "Fifty Shades of Grey" novel, there could be no other Christian Grey besides Ian Somerhalder.
The "Vampire Diaries" star, Ian Somerhalder, refused to confirm or deny rumors that he is up for the role of Christian Grey in the coming movie adaptation of E.L. James' erotic trilogy. In an interview, Ian said that everything was "just talk" when asked about the possibility of him taking up the role.
During his interview with Mr.Porter.com, he said that "there's nothing official" and added that he has been investigating websites that will "outfit your basement as dungeon."
"I thought I'd get prepared, just in case. I think a lot of people are doing that right now!" Ian said.
Meanwhile Ian also talked about his breakthrough role as Boone Carlyle in the TV drama "Lost" which was back in 2004. Unfortunately, being the one of the first people to be hired, he was also the first to be cut.
"It was brutal. Not only are you losing this amazing job, but you're losing this family on set," Somerhalder explained.
However, he has a lot to thank "The Vampire Diaries" which helped him reach super stardom. Apart from his acting gig, Ian also models for must-have labels that include J Crew, Acne and Alexander Wang.
Ian was no stranger to the modeling business since he did modeling when he was 16. A year after, he was snapped by photographers such as Bruce Weber and lived all across Milan, Paris and New York.
"Yeah, it was nuts. The mid-1990s were like this total Dionysian, promiscuous time in the fashion business. An amazing time to be young and not have any responsibility," he said.
He also added that since he found the modeling business unsuccessful, his mother "used every dollar" they had to be able to put him to acting classes. Well, it certainly did pay off since he is hailed one of the hottest male celebrities of this generation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2