An official firmware Android
4.1.1 XXALJ3 is available for Samsung
Galaxy Note 2.
Samsung has released an official firmware, Android 4.1.1 XXALJ3, for the international version of the Galaxy Note 2 by model number N7100. The XXALJ3 carries a build date of 12 October and is compatible with a number of European countries including the UK.
Galaxy Note 2 users who cannot wait for the update to reach their region and wish to upgrade their device manually with XXALJ3 Jelly Bean, may follow the below-mentioned tutorial. IBTimes UK cautions its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device while installing the firmware.
1) Install USB drivers for Samsung galaxy Note 2 to connect it with the computer.
2) Enable the USB Debugging mode.
3) Back up all important data including APN Settings before proceeding.
4) The battery of the phone should be charged above 80 per cent. See here how to check battery percentage.
5) Ensure that the device is factory unlocked.
6) This XXALJ3 Jelly Bean firmware only works with Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and not with any other variant, therefore, verify the model number of the device before proceeding.
Steps to install Android 4.1.1XXALJ3 on Galaxy Note 2 N7100
1) Download Android 4.1.1XXALJ3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Note 2 to your computer and extract the zip file
2) Download Odin v1.85
3) Power off the Note 2 and enter Download Mode by pressing Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo or certain red and yellow text appear on the screen
4) Ensure that USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 2 are installed on the computer
5) Open Odin on the computer. Plug the phone into the computer while it is in the Download Mode
6) One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number if the device is connected to the computer successfully
7) Select these files in the mentioned order to install on the phone
a) Click on PDA and select file named CODE
b) Click on Phone and select file MODEM
c) Click on CSC and select file CSC
d) Click on PIT and select .pit file
Note: The last three steps may be ignored if files by such name are not found.
8) Select the start button in the ODIN to begin installation. The process should take a few minutes to complete
9) The phone will restart once the installation process is complete
10) After seeing the home screen, the phone may be safely unplugged from the computer
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is now running on Android 4.1.1 XXALJ3. Verify the software version by following this path Settings>> About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: