Giants Even NLCS with Cardinals With Game Two Win, 7-1
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 16, 2012 2:42 PM EST
The San Francisco Giants bounced back from a Game One loss to even the series on Monday with a victory over the St. Louis Cardinals at AT&T Park, 7-1.
Starter Ryan Vogelsong pitched seven strong innings by conceding only one run off four hits. Jeremy Affeldt and Sergio Romo combined to pitch two scoreless innings to hold off a Cardinals batting order that struggled to get runners on base.
Leadoff hitter Angel Pagan hit a solo shot to start the San Francisco scoring. It was only one of three extra base hits for the Giants.
Marco Scutaro had two hits in three at-bats for RBIs for San Francisco. Brandon Belt also had two hits, including a double, for two RBIs.
Chris Carpenter struggled for St. Louis. The former Cy Young winner pitched just four innings, and gave up two earned runs, but the Giants were able to tack on five total runs with Carpenter on the mound after his throwing error and Matt Holliday misplaying a Scutaro single.
The series shifts to St. Louis on Wednesday for the next three games.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More