Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Sold at a Cheaper Price?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 16, 2012 2:30 PM EST
Unlocked and off-contract Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is being sold at a cheaper price thanks to overwhelming demand, stable supply and growing competition.
According to sources from third-party online stores, the cheapest Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has a tag price of $695 in the United States, which is $50 cheaper compared to its October week 1 suggested retail price. On its launch date, the 32GB variant costs $750.
Samsung Galaxy S3 is sporting the tag price of $550 off-contract, but carriers and its partners are offering cheaper options with 2-year service agreement or upgrade. The cheapest Samsung Galaxy S3 on contract is priced at $99.99.
Aside from the unlocked international models, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is also scheduled to arrive in United States through all major US wireless carriers, Sprint, AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile USA and US Cellular.
All carriers except T-Mobile USA will offer the new high-end Android smartphone with the faster and more reliable LTE or Long Term Evolution. T-Mobile's Galaxy Note 2 is expected to ship with 3G HSPA+ only.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is powered by a quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, includes 16GB or 32GB built-in storage with additional storage via microSD card slot up to 64GB. The first Samsung Android smartphone with Jelly Bean operating system out of the box features a large 5.5-inch Super AMOLED non-Pentile display, 8-megapixel primary camera, front-facing 1.9-megapixel shooter for video chat applications and ships with S-Pen and S-Pen apps that will run on top of the original Android Jelly Bean user interface.
Samsung also released a wide array of smartphones that fit the taste of some people. There is no stopping Samsung from making more and more smartphones to cater to other sectors of the population. Since the company's flagship phone, Samsung Galaxy S3, is not everyone's cup of tea, the tech giant made a new device for people who are looking for a cheaper yet powerful smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast