Shakira Flaunts Baby Bump During Azerbaijan Concert [PHOTO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 16, 2012 8:22 AM EST
Shakira wasn’t shy about showing off her baby bump as she performed Saturday night in Azerbaijan to close out the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup.
“I felt awesome on stage! We really enjoyed tonight! Shak #Baku,” the “Hips Don’t Lie” singer tweeted after the closing ceremonies in Baku. She shared a black and white photo of herself performing with her prominent pregnant belly.
Shakira performed during the closing ceremonies of the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, held in Azerbaijan.
It’s not the singer’s only tie to soccer. The Colombia native is expecting a baby boy with boyfriend Gerard Pique, a 25-year-old defender for elite Spanish club FC Barcelona who also plays on the Spanish national team.
Shakira announced the news on her Facebook page Sept. 19.
"Gerard and I are very happy awaiting the arrival of our first baby!" she said, according to Us Weekly.
She first shared her baby bump in a picture posted to her Twitter account Oct. 6, where the expecting mother joked about her changing body.
“Now I don't have a sixpack, only one pack!!” Shakira said on her account, where she has more than 18 million Twitter followers.
The “Waka Waka” singer also shared a pre-concert photo with her followers, snapping a backstage pic before taking the stage in Azerbaijan.
“Getting ready for the show, see you in a bit #Baku!” Shakira tweeted.
She also sent her congratulations to the French U-17 team for winning the Women’s World Cup.
“Congrats to the French team for winning the FIFA female cup!” she wrote. “I enjoyed seeing you in front of the stage celebrating!”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown