Kristen Stewart Is Worried Someone Will Use Twitter To Kill Her
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 16, 2012 6:02 AM EST
Kristen Stewart has made a career out of shirking from the limelight, but in a recent interview the actress revealed she is actually concerned that the public attention could lead to her death.
In conversation with Talia Soghomonion for the e-book “Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner – In Their Own Words,” a collection of candid interviews with the cast of “Twlight,” Stewart opened up about a number of personal subjects ranging from the effect fame has had on her life, to her views on marriage, and being chased by the paparazzi.
"Nowadays it's harder because everyone is on Facebook and everyone knows where you are all the time, and everyone's twittering,” Stewart says in the book. "Like I'm going to die because somebody is going to say where I am and somebody is going to kill me. Someone's going to twitter my location and then it's going to be like, boom."
"I actually think too much of anything can be scary, but at the same time it's also an opportunity. I mean mass communication is a good thing. It's actually a really great thing, it's just scary," the 22-year-old actress clarified.
Neither Stewart, nor her “Twilight” co-star and erstwhile real-life boyfriend Robert Pattinson, in fact has a Twitter account. But the actress’s fears are not entirely baseless.
In July, after being photographed looking cozy with her 41-year-old “Snow White and the Huntsman” director Rupert Sanders, Stewart released a public apology for having a “momentary indiscretion.” Soon after the ensuing media scandal, the actress began receiving multiple death threats over social media sites like Twitter.
“I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected. This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry,” Stewart said in the statement. But many longtime “Twilight” fans were not appeased by the apology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones