Kristen Stewart Is Worried Someone Will Use Twitter To Kill Her
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 16, 2012 6:02 AM EST
Kristen Stewart has made a career out of shirking from the limelight, but in a recent interview the actress revealed she is actually concerned that the public attention could lead to her death.
In conversation with Talia Soghomonion for the e-book “Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner – In Their Own Words,” a collection of candid interviews with the cast of “Twlight,” Stewart opened up about a number of personal subjects ranging from the effect fame has had on her life, to her views on marriage, and being chased by the paparazzi.
"Nowadays it's harder because everyone is on Facebook and everyone knows where you are all the time, and everyone's twittering,” Stewart says in the book. "Like I'm going to die because somebody is going to say where I am and somebody is going to kill me. Someone's going to twitter my location and then it's going to be like, boom."
"I actually think too much of anything can be scary, but at the same time it's also an opportunity. I mean mass communication is a good thing. It's actually a really great thing, it's just scary," the 22-year-old actress clarified.
Neither Stewart, nor her “Twilight” co-star and erstwhile real-life boyfriend Robert Pattinson, in fact has a Twitter account. But the actress’s fears are not entirely baseless.
In July, after being photographed looking cozy with her 41-year-old “Snow White and the Huntsman” director Rupert Sanders, Stewart released a public apology for having a “momentary indiscretion.” Soon after the ensuing media scandal, the actress began receiving multiple death threats over social media sites like Twitter.
“I'm deeply sorry for the hurt and embarrassment I've caused to those close to me and everyone this has affected. This momentary indiscretion has jeopardized the most important thing in my life, the person I love and respect the most, Rob. I love him, I love him, I'm so sorry,” Stewart said in the statement. But many longtime “Twilight” fans were not appeased by the apology.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’