Donald Trump Suggests Derek Jeter, A-Rod Struggling Because They Sold Their Trump Apartments
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 16, 2012 2:24 AM EST
Donald Trump has found controversy once again after suggesting in a tweet that Derek Jeter is struggling in the playoffs and got injured because the Yankee shortstop sold his Trump World Tower apartment.
“Derek Jeter had a great career until 3 days ago when he sold his apartment at Trump World Tower – I told him not to sell – karma?” The Donald tweeted around 11 a.m. Monday.
Jeter will miss the rest of the ALCS against the Detroit Tigers after fracturing his left ankle in the opening game of the series Saturday. Should the Yankees come back from a 2-0 series deficit and win the ALCS, Jeter won’t be around for the 2012 World Series.
The Yankee shortstop and future Hall of Famer had a rough game against Detroit, going 1-for-5 with a walk and two strikeouts. He had no runs batted in during his last three playoff games.
Trump’s tweet was condemned by some of the 1.54 million people following his Twitter account.
“WOW.. only the Donald (absolutely ZERO class) would step on a guy when he's down (Jeter who is the CLASSIEST human alive,) wrote Caleb Rappaport.
Canadian talk show host Paddy Daly called Trump’s remark an “idiotic comment.”
“@realDonaldTrump no his landlord was a d--- head,” opined Victor Gonzalez.
Trump said another Yankee who used to be a tenant – third baseman Alex Rodriguez, who was benched for the Yankees’ series-clinching win against the Baltimore Orioles – saw his stats decline after moving out of one of Trump’s properties.
“A-Rod was a great player when he lived at Trump Park Avenue--- even though he was on the juice!” The Donald just minutes after his Jeter tweet set off a firestorm of controversy.
“The Apprentice” host and real estate mogul was referring to Rodriguez’ 2009 admission that he took steroids from 2001 to 2003. Major League Baseball was not punishing players for steroids during the period A-Rod admitted to taking the performance-enhancing drugs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]