Is Eagles QB Michael Vick's Future In Doubt?
By Eli Epstein | October 16, 2012 12:34 AM EST
If you've watched a few Eagles games this year (check that: any Eagles game this year), then you’ve probably noticed that they have a tendency to turn the ball over like it’s structured into their contracts.
While they’re currently sitting tied for second in the NFC East, things could be a lot worse for the birds -- who’ve looked rather flightless of late.
At the center of the team’s woes has been star QB Michael Vick’s massive turnover rate. Vick’s always had a cannon for an arm and a propensity to throw the ball on the run, but those tendencies are coming back to bite him and the Eagles this year. While the play of his offensive line has been far from ideal, Vick has turned the ball over a whopping 13 times this season, while the team around him has coughed the ball up another 4 times to account for a league-leading 17 turnovers, according to Yahoo Sports.
Things came to a head this past Sunday when Vick and the Eagles blew a 10-point lead in the last five minutes of their game against the Lions. Vick, less-than-stellar, threw two interceptions and fumbled the ball once, which has become virtually de rigueur for him this season.
With the momentous collapse and factoring in that the team has lost three of four, fans and experts are calling for Mike Vick’s head.
According to Adam Schefter, if the Eagles release Vick before February 6 of next year, they’ll save $15.5 million in cash and $12.7 million in salary cap space. That date is the day after this season’s Super Bowl, and any release would relieve the Eagles of two more years of Vick’s salary.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories