Is Eagles QB Michael Vick's Future In Doubt?
By Eli Epstein | October 16, 2012 12:34 AM EST
If you've watched a few Eagles games this year (check that: any Eagles game this year), then you’ve probably noticed that they have a tendency to turn the ball over like it’s structured into their contracts.
While they’re currently sitting tied for second in the NFC East, things could be a lot worse for the birds -- who’ve looked rather flightless of late.
At the center of the team’s woes has been star QB Michael Vick’s massive turnover rate. Vick’s always had a cannon for an arm and a propensity to throw the ball on the run, but those tendencies are coming back to bite him and the Eagles this year. While the play of his offensive line has been far from ideal, Vick has turned the ball over a whopping 13 times this season, while the team around him has coughed the ball up another 4 times to account for a league-leading 17 turnovers, according to Yahoo Sports.
Things came to a head this past Sunday when Vick and the Eagles blew a 10-point lead in the last five minutes of their game against the Lions. Vick, less-than-stellar, threw two interceptions and fumbled the ball once, which has become virtually de rigueur for him this season.
With the momentous collapse and factoring in that the team has lost three of four, fans and experts are calling for Mike Vick’s head.
According to Adam Schefter, if the Eagles release Vick before February 6 of next year, they’ll save $15.5 million in cash and $12.7 million in salary cap space. That date is the day after this season’s Super Bowl, and any release would relieve the Eagles of two more years of Vick’s salary.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage