Is Eagles QB Michael Vick's Future In Doubt?
By Eli Epstein | October 16, 2012 12:34 AM EST
If you've watched a few Eagles games this year (check that: any Eagles game this year), then you’ve probably noticed that they have a tendency to turn the ball over like it’s structured into their contracts.
While they’re currently sitting tied for second in the NFC East, things could be a lot worse for the birds -- who’ve looked rather flightless of late.
At the center of the team’s woes has been star QB Michael Vick’s massive turnover rate. Vick’s always had a cannon for an arm and a propensity to throw the ball on the run, but those tendencies are coming back to bite him and the Eagles this year. While the play of his offensive line has been far from ideal, Vick has turned the ball over a whopping 13 times this season, while the team around him has coughed the ball up another 4 times to account for a league-leading 17 turnovers, according to Yahoo Sports.
Things came to a head this past Sunday when Vick and the Eagles blew a 10-point lead in the last five minutes of their game against the Lions. Vick, less-than-stellar, threw two interceptions and fumbled the ball once, which has become virtually de rigueur for him this season.
With the momentous collapse and factoring in that the team has lost three of four, fans and experts are calling for Mike Vick’s head.
According to Adam Schefter, if the Eagles release Vick before February 6 of next year, they’ll save $15.5 million in cash and $12.7 million in salary cap space. That date is the day after this season’s Super Bowl, and any release would relieve the Eagles of two more years of Vick’s salary.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown