Ever since the Android 4.1.2 update was released, the Samsung Galaxy S3 has received custom ROMs such as Slim Bean and Root Box. Now, the device gets a new custom ROM known as Android 4.1.2 Omega which is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) of the stock Android.
The Omega v2.0 ROM features Aroma installer, MIUI file explorer, CM10 apps, Google Apps, home switcher, ES file explorer and tweaks.
Have a look at the steps below to install Android 4.1.2 Omega custom firmware on Galaxy S3.
IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage in your device. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk. The ROM and procedure are compatible only with Galaxy S3 carrying model number i9300.
Requirements: Ensure that you have installed USB drivers for the Galaxy S3. Enable USB debugging and ensure that your phone's battery has a charge of at least 80 per cent. Make sure that you have backedup all your data. Finally, ensure that your Galaxy S3 should be factory unlocked.
Check out the procedure to install the Android 4.1.2 Omega custom firmware on your Galaxy S3:
- Download Paranoid Android 4.1.2 Omega ROM and Google Apps to your PC
- Connect and mount the Galaxy S3 USB memory on your PC via USB cable
- Copy both zip files to your device's SD card
- Turn off the phone and enter into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home and Power keys
- In CWM recovery, wipe the data. Scroll to and select flash zip from SD card
- Select choose zip from sdcard
- Navigate to and select the Android 4.1.2 zip file. Tap on Yes to confirm the installation
- Repeat the step for Gapps file as well
- After the installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing reboot system now from recovery menu. The phone will begin booting
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 should have 4.1.2 Omega firmware installed in it.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: