Arsenal Duo Refuse to Rule out Exit
By Vishnuprasad S | October 15, 2012 8:39 PM EST
Arsenal defenders Andre Santos and Johan Djourou are understood to be ready for moves away from the north London club, if they get interesting offers in the future.
Santos has revealed he would consider a return to Turkey, if any of the Super Lig teams made an approach for him. The Brazilian wing-back, who joined the Gunners from Fenerbahce in 2011, has fallen behind youngster Kieran Gibbs in the pecking order at the Emirates and failed to earn a start in the Premier League or Champions League so far this season. The 29 year old, who has 22 senior international caps to his name, is now questioning his position at the club.
"I would like to state clearly that I have a lot of respect for Fenerbache, and I love Istanbul... but for now I am a Gunner. For now, I have not received an offer from a Turkish team. However, if I receive an offer one day, thinking what is best for my family, I will make a decision," Goal.com quoted Santos as saying.
Djourou Wants Wenger Talks
Meanwhile, Santos' fellow defender Djourou has reportedly asked for showdown talks with Arsene Wenger over his future.
The 25 year old is also yet to start a Premier League or Champions League game for the Gunners this season, after finding himself behind Thomas Vermaelen, Per Mertesacker and Laurent Koscielny.
The only appearance the Switzerland international has made this season came in a Capital One Cup tie against League One side Coventry City in September and, according to The Sun, Djourou now wants a meeting with the manager as he considers ending his ten-year association with Arsenal.
The report also claims the defender has been linked with a move to the Serie A, with Napoli and Roma showing interest. Djourou's agent Flavio Ferraria earlier stated the player would consider his situation with Arsenal in January and was very interested in a move to Italy.
"He is contracted to them [Arsenal] until 2015. However, we will evaluate the current situation in January. Obviously he would like to play in Italy because we have discussed this several times before, but he hasn't a preference for any specific club. I think he would do very well at Roma because he is young and versatile and the most important thing is that he wants to play with continuity," Sky Sports quoted Ferraria as saying.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around