Choi Retains Two-Shot Lead
By Golf 365 | October 15, 2012 2:59 PM EST
Defending champion Na-yeon Choi maintained her two-shot lead after the third round of the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
The South Korean world number four carded a three-under 68, weathering a four-hour rain delay to take her score to 13-under in the tournament.
"I don't really like being in the lead as there is more pressure," said Choi. "I prefer to play catch up and make my move in the last round. I was feeling the pressure a bit as it has been a long day, what with the four-hour delay and all. All day long it has been raining. It's tiring."
Pressure or none, Choi, who won her first Major at the US Women's Open earlier this year, registered just one bogey, on the 10th, after she birdied the first hole and added further birdies at the fifth, 12th and 16th.
It was her compatriot Inbee Park who registered the day's best score, however, posting a 65 to move two shots back. Also two shots back was Australia's Karrie Webb after her 68.
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]