Choi Retains Two-Shot Lead
By Golf 365 | October 15, 2012 2:59 PM EST
Defending champion Na-yeon Choi maintained her two-shot lead after the third round of the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia.
The South Korean world number four carded a three-under 68, weathering a four-hour rain delay to take her score to 13-under in the tournament.
"I don't really like being in the lead as there is more pressure," said Choi. "I prefer to play catch up and make my move in the last round. I was feeling the pressure a bit as it has been a long day, what with the four-hour delay and all. All day long it has been raining. It's tiring."
Pressure or none, Choi, who won her first Major at the US Women's Open earlier this year, registered just one bogey, on the 10th, after she birdied the first hole and added further birdies at the fifth, 12th and 16th.
It was her compatriot Inbee Park who registered the day's best score, however, posting a 65 to move two shots back. Also two shots back was Australia's Karrie Webb after her 68.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On