Oracle Corp’s Larry Ellison Looks To Take Over AEG Empire
By Industry Leaders Magazine | October 15, 2012 2:39 PM EST
Oracle Corp.'s Larry Ellison, who is well known for his rich taste in some of the finest things in life, is now set to take over the empire of a fellow billionaire in the Anschutz Entertainment Group auction. According to the sources close to him, Oracle Corp.'s Larry Ellison is absolutely intrigued by the multibillion dollar worth empire of sports and entertainment.
According to sources well aware of the situation, Oracle Corp.'s Larry Ellison is highly interested in the Anschutz Entertainment Group auction that is owned by Phil Anschutz, a fellow billionaire. Incidentally Oracle Corp.'s Larry Ellison has only recently bought an island in Hawaii as well. Ellison's interest in Anschutz Entertainment Group is however in the preliminary stage though, the owner of which has set an initial bid range of $10 billion. Oracle Corp.'s Larry Ellison, who ranks third among the wealthiest men in America, had once before tried to buy a sports team but met with failure. This is one of major attractions for Ellison since AEG would not only allow him to buy but also relocate a National Football League team in Los Angeles.
The Anschutz Entertainment Group auction has already started with the initial information being sent to the bidders by the investment bankers at Blackstone Advisory Partners in the early part of this week. The memorandum that contains all the information of the business but not of the finances is in most likelihood supposed to reach as many as a dozen of parties. Ellison's interest in Anschutz Entertainment Group adds his name to a long list of billionaires apart from investment firms, trade buyers, sovereign wealth funds and private equity firms who have shown their interest in the Anschutz Entertainment Group auction. The assets of AEG include its stakes in LA Kings proffesional hockey team, the promotion business of the AEG Live concert, over a hundred sports and entertainment venues all over the world and the franchise of the Los Angeles Lakers NBA.
The latest status:
With the initial stakes priced at $10 billion, Anschutz has without doubt placed the bar on price quite high apart from keeping quite a few stipulations left to be done his own way. One significant fact associated with the Anschutz Entertainment Group auction is that the owner does not want to break up his company. Ellison's interest in Anschutz Entertainment Group comes from the fact that he quite actively sought out to buy a sports team last year. In the earlier part of this year also Oracle Corp.'s Larry Ellison, had initial chats with Michael Heisley, the owner of the pro basketball's team Memphis Grizzlies to buy his team. As of the Anschutz Entertainment Group auction, the bids can be placed by sometime around the end of this month by the parties once the submissions of the pitch books are done. According to some of the sources, in order to be able to move forward to the next round of the bidding, the parties need to raise their bids from the higher single digit to the lower double digit in terms of billions of dollars.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Unidentified Benefactor Offers $30M Reward For Identity Of MH 17 Bombers; MAS Criticises Kiwi Author For Suggesting MH 370 Pilot Plotted Death Of Passengers & Crew
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday September 19, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning September 19, 2014
- Global Markets Overview – September 19, 2014
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2