St. Louis Rams vs Miami Dolphins: Preview, Betting Odds, Where to Watch Live Online Stream
October 15, 2012 1:38 AM EST
After already surpassing their win total from a year ago the St. Louis Rams face the Miami Dolphins Sunday afternoon at Sun Life Stadium.
Miami is a few shanked field goals shy of a 4-1 record, but instead are 2-3 after taming the Cincinnati Bengals 17-13 last week. Reshad Jones picked off quarterback Andy Dalton with 1:22 left in the fourth quarter and clinched Miami’s win.
Rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill is slowly maturing, going 12-for-26 for 223 yards against Cincinnati. Tannehill does still have to improve the Dolphins passing game, as he has only two touchdown throws on the season.
Neither team ran the ball very well, but Miami squeezed out 80 yards, and running backs Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas scored both Dolphins touchdowns.
Miami and the Rams both sought new head coaches during the offseason, and both reached out to Jeff Fischer
Fischer nearly took Miami’s vacant position but opted for St. Louis instead because they offered more control over the franchise, and the choice is already paying off dividends.
Going 2-14 last season, St. Louis is now a surprising 3-2 after caging the Arizona Cardinals 17-3 in Week 5.
Sam Bradford struggled with is accuracy, including an 0-for-12 stretch of incomplete passes, but led two Rams scoring drives, capped by a 51-yard strike to receiver Chris Givens in the fourth quarter that put the game out of Arizona’s reach.
Bradford would finish 7-for-21 for 141 yards with the two scores and one interception.
The Rams held Arizona to 45 rushing yards, and stymied all three of the Cardinals red zone attempts.
Miami’s two-headed rushing attack of Bush and Thomas will certainly test the St. Louis defense, which is winless on the road so far this year.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Miami is favored by 4.5 points
Over/Under: 38 points
Prediction: To prove their winning record is no fluke, the Rams must start winning on the road. The Dolphins have suffered two difficult overtime losses, but have learned what it takes to win close games. Bush will carry Miami's offense to keep Tannehill from throwing on St. Louis’s strong secondary, and the Dolphins will win big.
Predicted Score: Miami 24, St. Louis 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast