St. Louis Rams vs Miami Dolphins: Preview, Betting Odds, Where to Watch Live Online Stream
October 15, 2012 1:38 AM EST
After already surpassing their win total from a year ago the St. Louis Rams face the Miami Dolphins Sunday afternoon at Sun Life Stadium.
Miami is a few shanked field goals shy of a 4-1 record, but instead are 2-3 after taming the Cincinnati Bengals 17-13 last week. Reshad Jones picked off quarterback Andy Dalton with 1:22 left in the fourth quarter and clinched Miami’s win.
Rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill is slowly maturing, going 12-for-26 for 223 yards against Cincinnati. Tannehill does still have to improve the Dolphins passing game, as he has only two touchdown throws on the season.
Neither team ran the ball very well, but Miami squeezed out 80 yards, and running backs Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas scored both Dolphins touchdowns.
Miami and the Rams both sought new head coaches during the offseason, and both reached out to Jeff Fischer
Fischer nearly took Miami’s vacant position but opted for St. Louis instead because they offered more control over the franchise, and the choice is already paying off dividends.
Going 2-14 last season, St. Louis is now a surprising 3-2 after caging the Arizona Cardinals 17-3 in Week 5.
Sam Bradford struggled with is accuracy, including an 0-for-12 stretch of incomplete passes, but led two Rams scoring drives, capped by a 51-yard strike to receiver Chris Givens in the fourth quarter that put the game out of Arizona’s reach.
Bradford would finish 7-for-21 for 141 yards with the two scores and one interception.
The Rams held Arizona to 45 rushing yards, and stymied all three of the Cardinals red zone attempts.
Miami’s two-headed rushing attack of Bush and Thomas will certainly test the St. Louis defense, which is winless on the road so far this year.
The game begins at 1 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Betting Odds: Miami is favored by 4.5 points
Over/Under: 38 points
Prediction: To prove their winning record is no fluke, the Rams must start winning on the road. The Dolphins have suffered two difficult overtime losses, but have learned what it takes to win close games. Bush will carry Miami's offense to keep Tannehill from throwing on St. Louis’s strong secondary, and the Dolphins will win big.
Predicted Score: Miami 24, St. Louis 10
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown