Shakira Shows Baby Bump in Skintight Outfit at Closing Ceremony of FIFA U17 World Cup
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 15, 2012 12:04 AM EST
Colombian singer Shakira is expecting her first child with footballer Gerard Pique. But nothing stops the Hips Don't Lie singer; on 13 October she performed at the closing ceremony of FIFA's U-17 Women's World Cup competition in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The 35-year-old singer sizzled in skin-tight black leggings and a figure-hugging embellished top and was not shy about showing off her growing baby bump during the performance.
Before the final, between France and Korea DPR at the Tofig Bahramov Stadium, she posted on Twitter: "In a few minutes it will be our baby's first time on stage and precisely at a football event! Magic Shak."
She later posted a photograph of herself at the event, with a congratulatory message to the winners: "Congrats to the French team for winning the FIFA female cup! I enjoyed seeing you in front of the stage cele[brating]."
Earlier this month, Shakira released photographs of herself, and her baby bump, on Facebook.
"Now I don't have a six pack, only one pack!!" she wrote, as she posed for a photograph in a grapevine-coloured dress with a belt above the bump. She also revealed the gender of the baby, while being interviewed for a German television channel.
"It's gonna be a boy. [Pique] is the best thing that ever happened to me in my whole life. And now we are having a baby," she said.
The duo met in 2010, when they were featured in a music video for the theme song for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. The Spanish international is 10 years younger than her and confirmed their relationship in March, with a Facebook post of his own. Shakira previously dated Antonio de La Rua, the son of former Argentine president Fernando de la Rua, for 11 years.
Meanwhile, the singer, who is an ambassador for UNICEF also met with a group of adolescent girls from the UNICEF-supported U-17 football league to discuss the power of education and how it helps girls develop. Finally, this is set to be a busy year for the mother-to-be - she has just signed up to become one of the coaches on the US version of reality television contest The Voice and will replace Christina Aguilera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy