Shakira Shows Baby Bump in Skintight Outfit at Closing Ceremony of FIFA U17 World Cup
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 15, 2012 12:04 AM EST
Colombian singer Shakira is expecting her first child with footballer Gerard Pique. But nothing stops the Hips Don't Lie singer; on 13 October she performed at the closing ceremony of FIFA's U-17 Women's World Cup competition in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The 35-year-old singer sizzled in skin-tight black leggings and a figure-hugging embellished top and was not shy about showing off her growing baby bump during the performance.
Before the final, between France and Korea DPR at the Tofig Bahramov Stadium, she posted on Twitter: "In a few minutes it will be our baby's first time on stage and precisely at a football event! Magic Shak."
She later posted a photograph of herself at the event, with a congratulatory message to the winners: "Congrats to the French team for winning the FIFA female cup! I enjoyed seeing you in front of the stage cele[brating]."
Earlier this month, Shakira released photographs of herself, and her baby bump, on Facebook.
"Now I don't have a six pack, only one pack!!" she wrote, as she posed for a photograph in a grapevine-coloured dress with a belt above the bump. She also revealed the gender of the baby, while being interviewed for a German television channel.
"It's gonna be a boy. [Pique] is the best thing that ever happened to me in my whole life. And now we are having a baby," she said.
The duo met in 2010, when they were featured in a music video for the theme song for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. The Spanish international is 10 years younger than her and confirmed their relationship in March, with a Facebook post of his own. Shakira previously dated Antonio de La Rua, the son of former Argentine president Fernando de la Rua, for 11 years.
Meanwhile, the singer, who is an ambassador for UNICEF also met with a group of adolescent girls from the UNICEF-supported U-17 football league to discuss the power of education and how it helps girls develop. Finally, this is set to be a busy year for the mother-to-be - she has just signed up to become one of the coaches on the US version of reality television contest The Voice and will replace Christina Aguilera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools