Shakira Shows Baby Bump in Skintight Outfit at Closing Ceremony of FIFA U17 World Cup
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 15, 2012 12:04 AM EST
Colombian singer Shakira is expecting her first child with footballer Gerard Pique. But nothing stops the Hips Don't Lie singer; on 13 October she performed at the closing ceremony of FIFA's U-17 Women's World Cup competition in Baku, Azerbaijan.
The 35-year-old singer sizzled in skin-tight black leggings and a figure-hugging embellished top and was not shy about showing off her growing baby bump during the performance.
Before the final, between France and Korea DPR at the Tofig Bahramov Stadium, she posted on Twitter: "In a few minutes it will be our baby's first time on stage and precisely at a football event! Magic Shak."
She later posted a photograph of herself at the event, with a congratulatory message to the winners: "Congrats to the French team for winning the FIFA female cup! I enjoyed seeing you in front of the stage cele[brating]."
Earlier this month, Shakira released photographs of herself, and her baby bump, on Facebook.
"Now I don't have a six pack, only one pack!!" she wrote, as she posed for a photograph in a grapevine-coloured dress with a belt above the bump. She also revealed the gender of the baby, while being interviewed for a German television channel.
"It's gonna be a boy. [Pique] is the best thing that ever happened to me in my whole life. And now we are having a baby," she said.
The duo met in 2010, when they were featured in a music video for the theme song for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. The Spanish international is 10 years younger than her and confirmed their relationship in March, with a Facebook post of his own. Shakira previously dated Antonio de La Rua, the son of former Argentine president Fernando de la Rua, for 11 years.
Meanwhile, the singer, who is an ambassador for UNICEF also met with a group of adolescent girls from the UNICEF-supported U-17 football league to discuss the power of education and how it helps girls develop. Finally, this is set to be a busy year for the mother-to-be - she has just signed up to become one of the coaches on the US version of reality television contest The Voice and will replace Christina Aguilera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage