Samsung Galaxy S2 owners can now install Paranoid Android 4.1.2 JZO54K custom firmware. The ROM can be installed on the international variant of Galaxy S2 only if the device has custom recovery installed, and the phone should be rooted. This is not an official firmware, but a custom ROM with stock Android.
IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Interested users are advised to proceed at their own risk. The ROM and procedure are compatible only with Galaxy S2 carrying model number i9100.
Requirements: Ensure that you have installed USB drivers for the Galaxy S2. Enable USB debugging and ensure that your phone's battery has a charge of at least 80 per cent. Make sure that you have backed up all your data. Ensure that your Galaxy S2 is factory unlocked.
Check out the procedure to install the Android 4.1.2 Paranoid Jelly Bean custom firmware on your Galaxy S2:
- Download Paranoid Android 4.1.2 JZ054K and Google Apps on your PC
- Connect and mount the Galaxy S2 USB memory on your PC via USB cable
- Copy the ROM zip file and Gapps file to your device's SD card
- Turn off the phone and enter into recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up + Home and Power keys
- In CWM recovery, wipe the data. Scroll to and select flash zip from SD card
- Now, select choose zip from sdcard
- Navigate to and select the Android 4.1.2 zip file. Tap on Yes to confirm the installation
- Repeat the step for Gapps file as well
- After the installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing reboot system now from recovery menu. The phone will begin booting
Your Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 should now be running Paranoid Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Jelly Bean firmware.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: