Yash Chopra Rushed to Hospital After Dengue Attack
By Ankita Mehta | October 14, 2012 6:54 PM EST
Veteran filmmaker Yash Chopra, who recently turned 80 last month, was rushed to a Mumbai hospital on Saturday after suffering a dengue attack.
"Mr Yash Chopra was admitted to hospital yesterday after being diagnosed with an attack of dengue. He has been kept under observation. He is feeling much better and should be home soon," an official statement from Yashraj Films stated.
Hospital sources confirmed that he is currently being treated at Lilavati Hospital. "Yes, he is admitted at Lilavati Hospital, but he is doing fine now," Dr Suhir Dagaonkar, spokesperson of Lilavati Hospital, told IANS.
According to sources, the director felt uneasy a day after he attended Amitabh Bachchan's 70th birthday party at Reliance Media works in Film City, Goregaon, after which he was admitted to the hospital.
Yash Chopra has been busy shooting his last film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" which stars Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles and is set to release on Nov 13.
On his birthday on Sept 27, Yash Chopra announced his plans of retirement from film direction. In his career that spanned over five decades, the Indian film director, screenwriter and film producer delivered a slew of hits films like "Deewar", "Kabhie Kabhie", "Trishul", "Silsila", "Chandni", "Darr", "Veer Zaara", "Chandni" "Dil To Pagal Hai" and several others.
He is looking forward to the release of his last film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" which also marks his comeback to direction after a gap of eight years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales