Samsung Galaxy S3 has just received the latest Android 4.1.1 JZO54K custom ROM which is based on Android Open Source Code (AOSP). The Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Slim Bean custom firmware brings essential features for the Galaxy S3.
Check out the steps below to install the Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Slim Bean custom firmware on Galaxy S3. Also, note that the firmware and the procedure are compatible only with the international variant of Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number i9300.
Disclaimer: IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your Galaxy S3. Interested users are advised to proceed with the method at their own risk.
- Ensure you have installed all USB drivers
- The method will wipe away all the data in the device. To avoid data loss, make sure you back up all the data
- Enable USB debugging by navigating to Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
- The device's battery should have at least 80 per cent charge
- Your device should be factory unlocked
- Ensure that your Galaxy S3 is rooted and has ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed in it
- Finally, perform a Dalvik Cache wipe
Take a look at the procedure below to update Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Slim Bean custom firmware:
- Download Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Slim Bean ROM and Google Apps package to your PC. Once you download, copy files to your device's SD card
- Unplug the device from PC and switch off the phone so that the device can be entered into Recovery mode. To do this, press and hold Volume Up + Home keys, while doing so turn on the device
- In CWM Recovery mode, perform a full data wipe and then navigate to and select flash zip from SD card
- Select choose zip from sdcard and then select the ROM file. Tap on Yes to confirm the installation
- Repeat the step for Google Apps zip file as well
- After the installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing reboot system now from the recovery menu.
Your Samsung Galaxy S3 should now be running the latest Android 4.1.2 JZO54K Slim Bean custom firmware.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: