LSU vs South Carolina, Where to Watch Free Live Online Stream, Preview for Saturday’s SEC Game
October 14, 2012 8:49 AM EST
Watching their national title hopes dwindle away after one poor third quarter, the LSU Tigers look to regroup against the up-and-coming South Carolina Gamecocks at Tiger Stadium.
The Tigers are staggering after Florida dealt them a crushing 14-6 loss last week. LSU failed to score a touchdown for the first time this season and quarterback Zach Mettenberger tossed one interception, while the Tigers defense let up two 12-yard touchdown runs in the third quarter by Gators running back Mike Gillislee.
Gillislee rushed for a career-high 146 yards and two scores against LSU’s usually stout defense, which was giving up about 90 yards on the ground per game and only let up three rushing touchdowns in their first six games.
LSU’s offense struggled just as much, with only eight first downs and 42 rushing yards. The Tigers were averaging more than 224 rushing yards before facing the Gators.
While the Tigers try to regain their composure, head coach Steve Spurrier’s Gamecocks are on a high after knocking off then-No. 5 Georgia 35-7 last week for their school-record 10th straight win.
Quarterback Connor Shaw threw two of his three touchdowns in the first quarter and Ace Sanders ran a punt back 70 yards for a 21-point lead that South Carolina would never relinquish.
Shaw also ran for another score and only had 10 passing attempts, completing six of them for 162 yards. Running back Marcus Lattimore rushed for 109 yards and a touchdown, and the Gamecocks’ defense kept the Bulldogs scoreless until the fourth quarter.
"We definitely sent a message out to the whole country," Lattimore said to the Associated Press. "It's not the old South Carolina. We can play with y'all. We can play with anybody."
If victorious, the Gamecocks game against No. 4 Florida next week could decide who takes home the Southeastern Conference East division.
Prediction: LSU is favored because of home field advantage and a crowd that will surely support them after tough loss last week. Yet South Carolina is firing on all cylinders with their most complete game of the season against a Top 10 team in Georgia. This game may be won in the first half if the Gamecocks can build an early lead and make LSU claw back. Look for the Tigers to bounce back with a close win.
Betting Odds: LSU is favored by 3 points
Over/Under: 40 points
Predicted Score: LSU 20, South Carolina 17
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes