Lindsay Lohan's Romney Endorsement Comes After Jenna Jameson, Chuck Norris And Other Big Celebrities
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 14, 2012 3:06 AM EST
While Mitt Romney has spent much of the campaign season taking criticism from Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow, he was also lauded by Sean Hannity and George Will. One pundit he probably wasn’t expecting to join the fray, however, was Lindsay Lohan.
That’s right, America’s favorite train-wreck, who was recently in the news for fighting with her mom and driving while drunk, has thrown her support behind the Republican candidate. She’s hardly the first b-list celebrity to get political, though, as plenty of former reality show stars and 1980s sleaze icons have gone politico.
“I think unemployment is very important for now, so as of now I think [my vote] is for Mitt Romney,” Lohan told reporters, according to Fox News. “It’s a long story, but you’re going to have to wait for that.”
There’s been no word about delaying the presidential debate as Americans anxiously await LiLo’s reasoning, but Thursday’s endorsement comes after Lohan tweeted at President Obama to “cut taxes for those who need it: middle-class families, small businesses” and for “those that are listed on Forbes as millionaires.”
There are plenty of people who agree with Lohan’s sentiment, not the least of whom is adult film star Jenna Jameson. Jameson, 38, endorsed Romney at a San Francisco strip club this summer, and fans of her porn films, which number in the hundreds, would probably agree the statements were well-received.
“I’m very looking forward to a Republican being back in office,” Jameson told CBS News. “When you’re rich, you want a Republican in office.”
Wealth seems to be one of the main factors that influences celebrity endorsements, as Kiss co-founder Gene Simmons, comedian Jeff Foxworthy, Donald Trump and John Elway also put their support behind the Romney/Ryan ticket. Clint Eastwood made headlines for his speech at the Republican National Convention, but even more concerned was action star and fitness guru Chuck Norris.
In a video released last month, Norris and his wife, Gena, reminded voters that even though President Obama only won by 10 million votes, the 30 million evangelical Christians who didn’t vote in 2008 can “join him in crushing the creep of socialism under President Obama.”
The video also featured a dire warning from Mrs. Norris.
“We will preserve for our children this last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft