Lindsay Lohan's Romney Endorsement Comes After Jenna Jameson, Chuck Norris And Other Big Celebrities
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 14, 2012 3:06 AM EST
While Mitt Romney has spent much of the campaign season taking criticism from Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow, he was also lauded by Sean Hannity and George Will. One pundit he probably wasn’t expecting to join the fray, however, was Lindsay Lohan.
That’s right, America’s favorite train-wreck, who was recently in the news for fighting with her mom and driving while drunk, has thrown her support behind the Republican candidate. She’s hardly the first b-list celebrity to get political, though, as plenty of former reality show stars and 1980s sleaze icons have gone politico.
“I think unemployment is very important for now, so as of now I think [my vote] is for Mitt Romney,” Lohan told reporters, according to Fox News. “It’s a long story, but you’re going to have to wait for that.”
There’s been no word about delaying the presidential debate as Americans anxiously await LiLo’s reasoning, but Thursday’s endorsement comes after Lohan tweeted at President Obama to “cut taxes for those who need it: middle-class families, small businesses” and for “those that are listed on Forbes as millionaires.”
There are plenty of people who agree with Lohan’s sentiment, not the least of whom is adult film star Jenna Jameson. Jameson, 38, endorsed Romney at a San Francisco strip club this summer, and fans of her porn films, which number in the hundreds, would probably agree the statements were well-received.
“I’m very looking forward to a Republican being back in office,” Jameson told CBS News. “When you’re rich, you want a Republican in office.”
Wealth seems to be one of the main factors that influences celebrity endorsements, as Kiss co-founder Gene Simmons, comedian Jeff Foxworthy, Donald Trump and John Elway also put their support behind the Romney/Ryan ticket. Clint Eastwood made headlines for his speech at the Republican National Convention, but even more concerned was action star and fitness guru Chuck Norris.
In a video released last month, Norris and his wife, Gena, reminded voters that even though President Obama only won by 10 million votes, the 30 million evangelical Christians who didn’t vote in 2008 can “join him in crushing the creep of socialism under President Obama.”
The video also featured a dire warning from Mrs. Norris.
“We will preserve for our children this last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports