Lindsay Lohan's Romney Endorsement Comes After Jenna Jameson, Chuck Norris And Other Big Celebrities
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 14, 2012 3:06 AM EST
While Mitt Romney has spent much of the campaign season taking criticism from Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow, he was also lauded by Sean Hannity and George Will. One pundit he probably wasn’t expecting to join the fray, however, was Lindsay Lohan.
That’s right, America’s favorite train-wreck, who was recently in the news for fighting with her mom and driving while drunk, has thrown her support behind the Republican candidate. She’s hardly the first b-list celebrity to get political, though, as plenty of former reality show stars and 1980s sleaze icons have gone politico.
“I think unemployment is very important for now, so as of now I think [my vote] is for Mitt Romney,” Lohan told reporters, according to Fox News. “It’s a long story, but you’re going to have to wait for that.”
There’s been no word about delaying the presidential debate as Americans anxiously await LiLo’s reasoning, but Thursday’s endorsement comes after Lohan tweeted at President Obama to “cut taxes for those who need it: middle-class families, small businesses” and for “those that are listed on Forbes as millionaires.”
There are plenty of people who agree with Lohan’s sentiment, not the least of whom is adult film star Jenna Jameson. Jameson, 38, endorsed Romney at a San Francisco strip club this summer, and fans of her porn films, which number in the hundreds, would probably agree the statements were well-received.
“I’m very looking forward to a Republican being back in office,” Jameson told CBS News. “When you’re rich, you want a Republican in office.”
Wealth seems to be one of the main factors that influences celebrity endorsements, as Kiss co-founder Gene Simmons, comedian Jeff Foxworthy, Donald Trump and John Elway also put their support behind the Romney/Ryan ticket. Clint Eastwood made headlines for his speech at the Republican National Convention, but even more concerned was action star and fitness guru Chuck Norris.
In a video released last month, Norris and his wife, Gena, reminded voters that even though President Obama only won by 10 million votes, the 30 million evangelical Christians who didn’t vote in 2008 can “join him in crushing the creep of socialism under President Obama.”
The video also featured a dire warning from Mrs. Norris.
“We will preserve for our children this last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch