Mexico vs. Guyana: Where to Watch Live Stream Online; Prediction, Probable Lineups and Preview for World Cup Qualifier
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 13, 2012 8:41 AM EST
Mexico head to Guyana for the first of their final two games in the semifinal round of World Cup qualifying already assured of a place in next year’s hexagonal. It has been a perfect four wins from their four matches so far and Mexico coach Jose Manuel de la Torre will be hoping to keep that record going against the side bottom of Group B.
Despite already having secured their progress, De la Torre is expected to name a strong lineup against the Caribbean nation. However, with no Jesus Zavala, through injury, or Carlos Salcido, there could well be a first cap for Hector Herrera. The highly rated midfielder was a part of Mexico’s victorious Olympic side and was also reportedly the subject of interest from Manchester United during the summer.
Given the record of Mexico’s youth teams in the past 18 months, De la Torre will surely be integrating several of the players into the senior side ahead of the next World Cup.
One of the overage players from the Olympic team, Oribe Peralta, will be looking to take his prolific form from the Summer Games into the full international set up. Javier Hernandez scored the only goal against Costa Rica last time out, but with the striker getting reduced playing time at Manchester United the pressure will be on the 24-year-old to show he still has his famed sharpness in front of goal.
Guyana have given up the right to host the match, with the game instead taking place in Houston’s BBVA Compass Stadium. Their attack is likely to be led by former England Under-21 international Carl Cort. The 24-year-old, now at the NASL side Tampa Bay Rowdies, cost Premier League club Newcastle United £7 million back in 2000, before injuries began to take their toll on his once highly promising career. Cort is likely to be joined in the lineup by younger brother, Leon, who plays for Charlton Athletic in the English second tier.
D: Pollard, L. Cort, Rodrigues, Newton
M: Shakes, Nurse, McKinnon, Millington
F: Richardson, C. Cort
D: Torres Nilo, Moreno, Rodriguez, Meza
M: Aquino, Torrado, Herrera, Guardado
F: Peralta, Hernandez
Prediction: Despite having little to play for, each Mexican player now knows that they can’t afford to rest on their laurels with the impressive talent pool now at De la Torre’s disposal. Mexico should cruise to a comfortable victory against lowly Guyana.
Guyana 0-3 Mexico
Where to watch: The match kicks-off at 9 p.m. ET, with coverage provided by Telemundo and a live stream available on Telemundo.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best