J.K. Rowling's 'The Casual Vacancy' Tops Bestsellers List
By Raymond Ronamai | October 12, 2012 8:27 PM EST
J.K. Rowling's first adult novel, "The Casual Vacancy," is selling like hot cakes despite critics giving it a low rating unlike her earlier "Harry Potter" book series.
"The Casual Vacancy", which was launched in the last week of September, topped Publishers Weekly's bestseller list in the United States for the second consecutive week.
According to last week's Hardcover Fiction category list, J. K. Rowling's book is the best seller, followed by John Sandford's "Mad River", "Winter of the World" by Ken Follett, "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn and "The Time Keeper" by Mitch Albom.
"The Casual Vacancy" is also in the third position of the overall best sellers list. "The Heroes of Olympus - Book Three The Mark of Athena" by Rick Riordan topped the list, followed by "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot" by Bill O'Reilly, Meg O'Reilly and Martin Dugard, "The Casual Vacancy", "Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy" by E L James and "Fifty Shades Darker" by E L James.
Publishers Weekly prepares the bestsellers list with the help of data from bookstores, book wholesalers and distributors.
J.K. Rowling released her first adult novel on Sept 27, five years after the seventh and final instalment of her "Harry Potter" series hit the stores.
"The Casual Vacancy" is a 512-page long novel published by Little, Brown Book Group. The story revolves around black comedy and talks of poverty, class prejudice and conflict within the middle-class sections of the society.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar