J.K. Rowling's 'The Casual Vacancy' Tops Bestsellers List
By Raymond Ronamai | October 12, 2012 8:27 PM EST
J.K. Rowling's first adult novel, "The Casual Vacancy," is selling like hot cakes despite critics giving it a low rating unlike her earlier "Harry Potter" book series.
"The Casual Vacancy", which was launched in the last week of September, topped Publishers Weekly's bestseller list in the United States for the second consecutive week.
According to last week's Hardcover Fiction category list, J. K. Rowling's book is the best seller, followed by John Sandford's "Mad River", "Winter of the World" by Ken Follett, "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn and "The Time Keeper" by Mitch Albom.
"The Casual Vacancy" is also in the third position of the overall best sellers list. "The Heroes of Olympus - Book Three The Mark of Athena" by Rick Riordan topped the list, followed by "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot" by Bill O'Reilly, Meg O'Reilly and Martin Dugard, "The Casual Vacancy", "Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy" by E L James and "Fifty Shades Darker" by E L James.
Publishers Weekly prepares the bestsellers list with the help of data from bookstores, book wholesalers and distributors.
J.K. Rowling released her first adult novel on Sept 27, five years after the seventh and final instalment of her "Harry Potter" series hit the stores.
"The Casual Vacancy" is a 512-page long novel published by Little, Brown Book Group. The story revolves around black comedy and talks of poverty, class prejudice and conflict within the middle-class sections of the society.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'Personal' By Lee Child Tops The New York Times Best Sellers List Of Combined Print And E-Book Fiction For The Week Of Sept. 21, 2014
- ‘Winds of Winter’ Fans' Speculation: Cersei Lannister As Regent
- Top 5 Best-Selling Young Adult Fiction Books For The Week Of Sept. 21, 2014 Including 'If I Stay' By Gayle Forman And ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ By John Green
- Pre-Order Booking Of ‘The Walking Dead’ Star Norman Reedus’ New Book ‘Thanks For All The Niceness’ Is On
- Next ‘Game of Thrones’ Book Releasing Soon
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?