J.K. Rowling's 'The Casual Vacancy' Tops Bestsellers List
By Raymond Ronamai | October 12, 2012 8:27 PM EST
J.K. Rowling's first adult novel, "The Casual Vacancy," is selling like hot cakes despite critics giving it a low rating unlike her earlier "Harry Potter" book series.
"The Casual Vacancy", which was launched in the last week of September, topped Publishers Weekly's bestseller list in the United States for the second consecutive week.
According to last week's Hardcover Fiction category list, J. K. Rowling's book is the best seller, followed by John Sandford's "Mad River", "Winter of the World" by Ken Follett, "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn and "The Time Keeper" by Mitch Albom.
"The Casual Vacancy" is also in the third position of the overall best sellers list. "The Heroes of Olympus - Book Three The Mark of Athena" by Rick Riordan topped the list, followed by "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot" by Bill O'Reilly, Meg O'Reilly and Martin Dugard, "The Casual Vacancy", "Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy" by E L James and "Fifty Shades Darker" by E L James.
Publishers Weekly prepares the bestsellers list with the help of data from bookstores, book wholesalers and distributors.
J.K. Rowling released her first adult novel on Sept 27, five years after the seventh and final instalment of her "Harry Potter" series hit the stores.
"The Casual Vacancy" is a 512-page long novel published by Little, Brown Book Group. The story revolves around black comedy and talks of poverty, class prejudice and conflict within the middle-class sections of the society.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family