J.K. Rowling's 'The Casual Vacancy' Tops Bestsellers List
By Raymond Ronamai | October 12, 2012 8:27 PM EST
J.K. Rowling's first adult novel, "The Casual Vacancy," is selling like hot cakes despite critics giving it a low rating unlike her earlier "Harry Potter" book series.
"The Casual Vacancy", which was launched in the last week of September, topped Publishers Weekly's bestseller list in the United States for the second consecutive week.
According to last week's Hardcover Fiction category list, J. K. Rowling's book is the best seller, followed by John Sandford's "Mad River", "Winter of the World" by Ken Follett, "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn and "The Time Keeper" by Mitch Albom.
"The Casual Vacancy" is also in the third position of the overall best sellers list. "The Heroes of Olympus - Book Three The Mark of Athena" by Rick Riordan topped the list, followed by "Killing Kennedy: The End of Camelot" by Bill O'Reilly, Meg O'Reilly and Martin Dugard, "The Casual Vacancy", "Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy" by E L James and "Fifty Shades Darker" by E L James.
Publishers Weekly prepares the bestsellers list with the help of data from bookstores, book wholesalers and distributors.
J.K. Rowling released her first adult novel on Sept 27, five years after the seventh and final instalment of her "Harry Potter" series hit the stores.
"The Casual Vacancy" is a 512-page long novel published by Little, Brown Book Group. The story revolves around black comedy and talks of poverty, class prejudice and conflict within the middle-class sections of the society.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique