The XXJW7 Android 2.3.6 Value Pack has been made available for the Samsung Galaxy S i9000. Although, Galaxy S is an old smartphone announced in 2010, this is one of the latest firmware that has been made available for the device. Take a look at the steps below to install the firmware manually on the Galaxy S using Odin.
Before proceeding make a backup of all your data and enable USB debugging. To enable USB debugging, you have to navigate to Settings > Development > USB debugging. Disable all antivirus tools as they may interrupt the update process. Ensure that your phone's battery is at least 40 per cent charged. Ensure your phone is unlocked.
IBTimes UK cautions readers to proceed at their own risk as we will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. The guide is applicable only to Samsung Galaxy S i9000. Please do not try this on any other devices or variants.
How to install XXJW7 Android 2.3.6 Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S:
- Download Android 2.3.6 i9000XXJW7 and Odin v1.85
- Turn off the phone and enter into Download mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down + Home keys and then keep pressing Power key until you see the construction Android robot and a traingle
- Launch Odin on PC and connect your phone to PC, while it is in the Download mode
- On successful connection, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number.
- Choose the files to be flashed on your phone. Check out the steps to be followed:
§ Click on PDA and choose file with CODE in its name
§ Click on Phone and choose file with MODEM in its name
§ Click on CSC and choose file with CSC in its name
§ Click on PIT and choose the .pit file
- In Odin, check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options
- Click on Start button in Odin. Installation will begin now followed by restarting of the phone
- After installation, your phone will restart. You can unplug the phone from PC after you see the homescreen
You have installed Android 2.3.6 build XXJW7 update on your Samsung Galaxy S.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: