Shahrukh Khan to Trademark his Initials ‘SRK’
By Ankita Mehta | October 12, 2012 5:52 PM EST
Bollywood's king of romance, Shah Rukh Khan, has taken his stardom to another level after filing an application to trademark his initials "SRK" to prevent it from being used without permission.
The 46-year-old actor, who is a huge brand by himself, joins the list of other national and international celebrities like tennis star Roger Federer, basketball player Michael Jordon and singer Jennifer Lopez, who trademarked their names in the past.
According to The Times of India, Shah Rukh had recently submitted an application at the Delhi office of the Trade Mark Registry to trademark his initials. He is yet to receive any confirmation regarding the registry, but once it is done then no one would be able to use his initials without his prior permission. Also, several industries manufacturing items from tobacco products to food would be barred from using the actor's name for promoting their brand.
"SRK has become bigger with every project. He has taken this decision after a lot of thought. Career wise, it is a great decision to safeguard his brand," a source close to the actor told TOI.
If a person or party has an objection against the trademark, then a notice can be filed within three months of the publishing of the trademark in the Indian Trademark Journal.
Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar trademarked his name "SRT" (Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar) earlier this year. Apparently, film producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra had asked Sachin's permission before using his name in the sports comedy movie "Ferrari Ki Sawaari".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery