Shahrukh Khan to Trademark his Initials ‘SRK’
By Ankita Mehta | October 12, 2012 5:52 PM EST
Bollywood's king of romance, Shah Rukh Khan, has taken his stardom to another level after filing an application to trademark his initials "SRK" to prevent it from being used without permission.
The 46-year-old actor, who is a huge brand by himself, joins the list of other national and international celebrities like tennis star Roger Federer, basketball player Michael Jordon and singer Jennifer Lopez, who trademarked their names in the past.
According to The Times of India, Shah Rukh had recently submitted an application at the Delhi office of the Trade Mark Registry to trademark his initials. He is yet to receive any confirmation regarding the registry, but once it is done then no one would be able to use his initials without his prior permission. Also, several industries manufacturing items from tobacco products to food would be barred from using the actor's name for promoting their brand.
"SRK has become bigger with every project. He has taken this decision after a lot of thought. Career wise, it is a great decision to safeguard his brand," a source close to the actor told TOI.
If a person or party has an objection against the trademark, then a notice can be filed within three months of the publishing of the trademark in the Indian Trademark Journal.
Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar trademarked his name "SRT" (Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar) earlier this year. Apparently, film producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra had asked Sachin's permission before using his name in the sports comedy movie "Ferrari Ki Sawaari".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown