Shahrukh Khan to Trademark his Initials ‘SRK’
By Ankita Mehta | October 12, 2012 5:52 PM EST
Bollywood's king of romance, Shah Rukh Khan, has taken his stardom to another level after filing an application to trademark his initials "SRK" to prevent it from being used without permission.
The 46-year-old actor, who is a huge brand by himself, joins the list of other national and international celebrities like tennis star Roger Federer, basketball player Michael Jordon and singer Jennifer Lopez, who trademarked their names in the past.
According to The Times of India, Shah Rukh had recently submitted an application at the Delhi office of the Trade Mark Registry to trademark his initials. He is yet to receive any confirmation regarding the registry, but once it is done then no one would be able to use his initials without his prior permission. Also, several industries manufacturing items from tobacco products to food would be barred from using the actor's name for promoting their brand.
"SRK has become bigger with every project. He has taken this decision after a lot of thought. Career wise, it is a great decision to safeguard his brand," a source close to the actor told TOI.
If a person or party has an objection against the trademark, then a notice can be filed within three months of the publishing of the trademark in the Indian Trademark Journal.
Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar trademarked his name "SRT" (Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar) earlier this year. Apparently, film producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra had asked Sachin's permission before using his name in the sports comedy movie "Ferrari Ki Sawaari".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys