Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth's Matching Tattoos Decoded
By Diadem Pambid | October 12, 2012 3:24 PM EST
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth is no stranger to public displays of affection. However, the couple has found a new way to flaunt their love. As of late, the Australian hunk has showed off his new ink which is clearly in-sync with his fiancé's tattoo. So what do the tattoos mean?
Early in July, Miley Cyrus debuted her tattoo on her left forearm which was a quote taken from the 1910 speech of the late President, Theodore Roosevelt. The tattoo reads as follows: "So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Being the soon-to-be-hubby of Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth followed suit and had the next line inked on his bicep. The tattoo reads as follows: "If he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Ironically, despite having announcing his dislike for Twitter, the photo of their matching tattoos was posted on Liam's Instagram account.
Would the tattoo mean something for the couple or is it simply something said to bring them closer to each other? Given their actual wedding day has been set off the calendar, having matching tattoos would probably be their best move for now. Hopefully, these two do manage to actually tie-the-knot or suffer the case of taking out the matching tattoos sooner or later.
As for fans who have forgotten the famous speech by Theodore Roosevelt. The original speech is as follows, which was taken from Roosevelt's 35-page address, Citizenship in a Republic. It was delivered back in April 23, 1910 during Roosevelt's post-presidency at the Sorbonne, Paris.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch