Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth's Matching Tattoos Decoded
By Diadem Pambid | October 12, 2012 3:24 PM EST
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth is no stranger to public displays of affection. However, the couple has found a new way to flaunt their love. As of late, the Australian hunk has showed off his new ink which is clearly in-sync with his fiancé's tattoo. So what do the tattoos mean?
Early in July, Miley Cyrus debuted her tattoo on her left forearm which was a quote taken from the 1910 speech of the late President, Theodore Roosevelt. The tattoo reads as follows: "So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Being the soon-to-be-hubby of Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth followed suit and had the next line inked on his bicep. The tattoo reads as follows: "If he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Ironically, despite having announcing his dislike for Twitter, the photo of their matching tattoos was posted on Liam's Instagram account.
Would the tattoo mean something for the couple or is it simply something said to bring them closer to each other? Given their actual wedding day has been set off the calendar, having matching tattoos would probably be their best move for now. Hopefully, these two do manage to actually tie-the-knot or suffer the case of taking out the matching tattoos sooner or later.
As for fans who have forgotten the famous speech by Theodore Roosevelt. The original speech is as follows, which was taken from Roosevelt's 35-page address, Citizenship in a Republic. It was delivered back in April 23, 1910 during Roosevelt's post-presidency at the Sorbonne, Paris.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown