Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth's Matching Tattoos Decoded
By Diadem Pambid | October 12, 2012 3:24 PM EST
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth is no stranger to public displays of affection. However, the couple has found a new way to flaunt their love. As of late, the Australian hunk has showed off his new ink which is clearly in-sync with his fiancé's tattoo. So what do the tattoos mean?
Early in July, Miley Cyrus debuted her tattoo on her left forearm which was a quote taken from the 1910 speech of the late President, Theodore Roosevelt. The tattoo reads as follows: "So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Being the soon-to-be-hubby of Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth followed suit and had the next line inked on his bicep. The tattoo reads as follows: "If he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Ironically, despite having announcing his dislike for Twitter, the photo of their matching tattoos was posted on Liam's Instagram account.
Would the tattoo mean something for the couple or is it simply something said to bring them closer to each other? Given their actual wedding day has been set off the calendar, having matching tattoos would probably be their best move for now. Hopefully, these two do manage to actually tie-the-knot or suffer the case of taking out the matching tattoos sooner or later.
As for fans who have forgotten the famous speech by Theodore Roosevelt. The original speech is as follows, which was taken from Roosevelt's 35-page address, Citizenship in a Republic. It was delivered back in April 23, 1910 during Roosevelt's post-presidency at the Sorbonne, Paris.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display