Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth's Matching Tattoos Decoded
By Diadem Pambid | October 12, 2012 3:24 PM EST
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth is no stranger to public displays of affection. However, the couple has found a new way to flaunt their love. As of late, the Australian hunk has showed off his new ink which is clearly in-sync with his fiancé's tattoo. So what do the tattoos mean?
Early in July, Miley Cyrus debuted her tattoo on her left forearm which was a quote taken from the 1910 speech of the late President, Theodore Roosevelt. The tattoo reads as follows: "So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Being the soon-to-be-hubby of Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth followed suit and had the next line inked on his bicep. The tattoo reads as follows: "If he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Ironically, despite having announcing his dislike for Twitter, the photo of their matching tattoos was posted on Liam's Instagram account.
Would the tattoo mean something for the couple or is it simply something said to bring them closer to each other? Given their actual wedding day has been set off the calendar, having matching tattoos would probably be their best move for now. Hopefully, these two do manage to actually tie-the-knot or suffer the case of taking out the matching tattoos sooner or later.
As for fans who have forgotten the famous speech by Theodore Roosevelt. The original speech is as follows, which was taken from Roosevelt's 35-page address, Citizenship in a Republic. It was delivered back in April 23, 1910 during Roosevelt's post-presidency at the Sorbonne, Paris.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS