Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth's Matching Tattoos Decoded
By Diadem Pambid | October 12, 2012 3:24 PM EST
Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth is no stranger to public displays of affection. However, the couple has found a new way to flaunt their love. As of late, the Australian hunk has showed off his new ink which is clearly in-sync with his fiancé's tattoo. So what do the tattoos mean?
Early in July, Miley Cyrus debuted her tattoo on her left forearm which was a quote taken from the 1910 speech of the late President, Theodore Roosevelt. The tattoo reads as follows: "So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Being the soon-to-be-hubby of Cyrus, Liam Hemsworth followed suit and had the next line inked on his bicep. The tattoo reads as follows: "If he fails, at least fails while daring greatly." Ironically, despite having announcing his dislike for Twitter, the photo of their matching tattoos was posted on Liam's Instagram account.
Would the tattoo mean something for the couple or is it simply something said to bring them closer to each other? Given their actual wedding day has been set off the calendar, having matching tattoos would probably be their best move for now. Hopefully, these two do manage to actually tie-the-knot or suffer the case of taking out the matching tattoos sooner or later.
As for fans who have forgotten the famous speech by Theodore Roosevelt. The original speech is as follows, which was taken from Roosevelt's 35-page address, Citizenship in a Republic. It was delivered back in April 23, 1910 during Roosevelt's post-presidency at the Sorbonne, Paris.
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate