‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 9: A Shepherd ‘Party’ is Coming, Will there be a Wedding?
By Arlene Paredes | October 12, 2012 1:43 PM EST
"Grey's Anatomy" Season 9 is on a break this week for the vice presidential debate in U.S. television. Avid viewers of the medical drama will have to deal with another bout of separation anxiety. Here is a speculative feature to help the viewers cope with a Grey's-less week.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains relatively mild spoilers. Read at your own risk.
Two episodes into Season 9, emotions remain running high at Seattle Grace Mercy West. The third episode, which airs next week, is expected to be just as intense.
Things are going to change by the fourth episode, which was directed by Kevin McKidd aka Dr. Owen Hunt. He promises a lighter kind of drama, so that is something to look forward to when tears start falling again next week.
What do you think will happen to your favorite Grey's Anatomy characters?
Derek Shepherd - TV Line reported one of his sisters will be coming for a visit. Neve Campbell of "Party of Five" has been cast for the sister part. Television series expert Michael Ausiello speculates Campbell will play the role of Kathleen, Derek's psychiatrist sister. She would probably try to help Shepherd get back in shape as a neuro surgeon demigod. How will she do that?
April Kepner - Now that Hunt has hired her back, Jackson will have the chance to tell her whatever it was that he meant to express in Episode 2. Just before he died, Mark Sloan taught his protégé to "say [I love you] even when it doesn't seem right." Wetpaint noted a moment in a Grey's Anatomy promo in which "it looks like Jackson spontaneously proposes to April." Knowing April and her Jesus-associated values, will there be a wedding for these best friends?
Cristina Yang - She is clearly not happy in her new work environment. It appears as though she will have to drive a long way again to come back to Seattle Grace. Grey's Anatomy series creator Shonda Rhimes has said in previous interviews that there will be a dedicated Meredith-Cristina episode. Will this take place in one hospital, or will these best friends be on Facetime or Skype? More important, McKidd has said in a previous interview that Yang will rethink her decision to leave Hunt. This rethinking could start next episode.
Grey's Anatomy may have lost three beloved characters (Teddy Altman, Lexie Grey and Mark Sloan) but the series still has more stories to explore. And Season 9 has barely even begun.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU