Mila Kunis The 'Frontrunner' to Play Anastasia Steele In '50 Shades Of Grey' Movie
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 12, 2012 10:52 AM EST
The highly anticipated film installation of E.L. James’ erotic bestseller “50 Shades of Grey” could feature Mila Kunis in one of the starring roles. Kunis, who was recently crowned Esquire’s “Sexiest Woman Alive,” is the frontrunner for the role of Anastasia Steele, a character that’s seduced by older billionaire Christian Grey, according to the Sun, the British tabloid..
Kunis earned accolades for her performance as a ballerina in “Black Swan” after she rose to fame playing one of the major characters on “That ‘70s Show.” She’s also starred in “Ted,” “Friends With Benefits” and other major projects in recent years. Kunis is rumored to be dating former “70s Show” co-star Ashton Kutcher.
If selected to play Steele, Kunis would beat out competition that includes Emma Watson and Kristen Stewart, who are both rumored to be considered for the role.
The script for the movie will be written by Kelly Marcel, who was the executive producer of the failed television show “Terra Nova.”
Reports from NME Thursday suggested that Ryan Gosling would be one of E.L. James’ first choices to portray Christian Grey while Jake Gyllenhaal, Channing Tatum and Ian Somerhalder were also being sought after if Gosling doesn’t agree.
The “50 Shades of Grey” trilogy is among the highest-selling books of all time and even though the story about a dominant/submissive sex couple might not sound like a movie, the built-in audience of millions that have bought books will almost certainly help Kunis make her decision.
Still, she may not be excited about the publicity, according to an interview with Esquire.
“I love what I do. I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. But when I’m done with work, I’m done with work,” Kunis said. “I think that if I bought into the hype, I would lose all sight of who I am, and so much of who I am is what my parents went through and instilled in me. And I never want to lose that. Ever. Because I would be so disappointed if I didn’t make them proud.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies