Mila Kunis The 'Frontrunner' to Play Anastasia Steele In '50 Shades Of Grey' Movie
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 12, 2012 10:52 AM EST
The highly anticipated film installation of E.L. James’ erotic bestseller “50 Shades of Grey” could feature Mila Kunis in one of the starring roles. Kunis, who was recently crowned Esquire’s “Sexiest Woman Alive,” is the frontrunner for the role of Anastasia Steele, a character that’s seduced by older billionaire Christian Grey, according to the Sun, the British tabloid..
Kunis earned accolades for her performance as a ballerina in “Black Swan” after she rose to fame playing one of the major characters on “That ‘70s Show.” She’s also starred in “Ted,” “Friends With Benefits” and other major projects in recent years. Kunis is rumored to be dating former “70s Show” co-star Ashton Kutcher.
If selected to play Steele, Kunis would beat out competition that includes Emma Watson and Kristen Stewart, who are both rumored to be considered for the role.
The script for the movie will be written by Kelly Marcel, who was the executive producer of the failed television show “Terra Nova.”
Reports from NME Thursday suggested that Ryan Gosling would be one of E.L. James’ first choices to portray Christian Grey while Jake Gyllenhaal, Channing Tatum and Ian Somerhalder were also being sought after if Gosling doesn’t agree.
The “50 Shades of Grey” trilogy is among the highest-selling books of all time and even though the story about a dominant/submissive sex couple might not sound like a movie, the built-in audience of millions that have bought books will almost certainly help Kunis make her decision.
Still, she may not be excited about the publicity, according to an interview with Esquire.
“I love what I do. I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. But when I’m done with work, I’m done with work,” Kunis said. “I think that if I bought into the hype, I would lose all sight of who I am, and so much of who I am is what my parents went through and instilled in me. And I never want to lose that. Ever. Because I would be so disappointed if I didn’t make them proud.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown