Mila Kunis The 'Frontrunner' to Play Anastasia Steele In '50 Shades Of Grey' Movie
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 12, 2012 10:52 AM EST
The highly anticipated film installation of E.L. James’ erotic bestseller “50 Shades of Grey” could feature Mila Kunis in one of the starring roles. Kunis, who was recently crowned Esquire’s “Sexiest Woman Alive,” is the frontrunner for the role of Anastasia Steele, a character that’s seduced by older billionaire Christian Grey, according to the Sun, the British tabloid..
Kunis earned accolades for her performance as a ballerina in “Black Swan” after she rose to fame playing one of the major characters on “That ‘70s Show.” She’s also starred in “Ted,” “Friends With Benefits” and other major projects in recent years. Kunis is rumored to be dating former “70s Show” co-star Ashton Kutcher.
If selected to play Steele, Kunis would beat out competition that includes Emma Watson and Kristen Stewart, who are both rumored to be considered for the role.
The script for the movie will be written by Kelly Marcel, who was the executive producer of the failed television show “Terra Nova.”
Reports from NME Thursday suggested that Ryan Gosling would be one of E.L. James’ first choices to portray Christian Grey while Jake Gyllenhaal, Channing Tatum and Ian Somerhalder were also being sought after if Gosling doesn’t agree.
The “50 Shades of Grey” trilogy is among the highest-selling books of all time and even though the story about a dominant/submissive sex couple might not sound like a movie, the built-in audience of millions that have bought books will almost certainly help Kunis make her decision.
Still, she may not be excited about the publicity, according to an interview with Esquire.
“I love what I do. I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. But when I’m done with work, I’m done with work,” Kunis said. “I think that if I bought into the hype, I would lose all sight of who I am, and so much of who I am is what my parents went through and instilled in me. And I never want to lose that. Ever. Because I would be so disappointed if I didn’t make them proud.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate