Mila Kunis The 'Frontrunner' to Play Anastasia Steele In '50 Shades Of Grey' Movie
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 12, 2012 10:52 AM EST
The highly anticipated film installation of E.L. James’ erotic bestseller “50 Shades of Grey” could feature Mila Kunis in one of the starring roles. Kunis, who was recently crowned Esquire’s “Sexiest Woman Alive,” is the frontrunner for the role of Anastasia Steele, a character that’s seduced by older billionaire Christian Grey, according to the Sun, the British tabloid..
Kunis earned accolades for her performance as a ballerina in “Black Swan” after she rose to fame playing one of the major characters on “That ‘70s Show.” She’s also starred in “Ted,” “Friends With Benefits” and other major projects in recent years. Kunis is rumored to be dating former “70s Show” co-star Ashton Kutcher.
If selected to play Steele, Kunis would beat out competition that includes Emma Watson and Kristen Stewart, who are both rumored to be considered for the role.
The script for the movie will be written by Kelly Marcel, who was the executive producer of the failed television show “Terra Nova.”
Reports from NME Thursday suggested that Ryan Gosling would be one of E.L. James’ first choices to portray Christian Grey while Jake Gyllenhaal, Channing Tatum and Ian Somerhalder were also being sought after if Gosling doesn’t agree.
The “50 Shades of Grey” trilogy is among the highest-selling books of all time and even though the story about a dominant/submissive sex couple might not sound like a movie, the built-in audience of millions that have bought books will almost certainly help Kunis make her decision.
Still, she may not be excited about the publicity, according to an interview with Esquire.
“I love what I do. I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. But when I’m done with work, I’m done with work,” Kunis said. “I think that if I bought into the hype, I would lose all sight of who I am, and so much of who I am is what my parents went through and instilled in me. And I never want to lose that. Ever. Because I would be so disappointed if I didn’t make them proud.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes