Mila Kunis The 'Frontrunner' to Play Anastasia Steele In '50 Shades Of Grey' Movie
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 12, 2012 10:52 AM EST
The highly anticipated film installation of E.L. James’ erotic bestseller “50 Shades of Grey” could feature Mila Kunis in one of the starring roles. Kunis, who was recently crowned Esquire’s “Sexiest Woman Alive,” is the frontrunner for the role of Anastasia Steele, a character that’s seduced by older billionaire Christian Grey, according to the Sun, the British tabloid..
Kunis earned accolades for her performance as a ballerina in “Black Swan” after she rose to fame playing one of the major characters on “That ‘70s Show.” She’s also starred in “Ted,” “Friends With Benefits” and other major projects in recent years. Kunis is rumored to be dating former “70s Show” co-star Ashton Kutcher.
If selected to play Steele, Kunis would beat out competition that includes Emma Watson and Kristen Stewart, who are both rumored to be considered for the role.
The script for the movie will be written by Kelly Marcel, who was the executive producer of the failed television show “Terra Nova.”
Reports from NME Thursday suggested that Ryan Gosling would be one of E.L. James’ first choices to portray Christian Grey while Jake Gyllenhaal, Channing Tatum and Ian Somerhalder were also being sought after if Gosling doesn’t agree.
The “50 Shades of Grey” trilogy is among the highest-selling books of all time and even though the story about a dominant/submissive sex couple might not sound like a movie, the built-in audience of millions that have bought books will almost certainly help Kunis make her decision.
Still, she may not be excited about the publicity, according to an interview with Esquire.
“I love what I do. I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. But when I’m done with work, I’m done with work,” Kunis said. “I think that if I bought into the hype, I would lose all sight of who I am, and so much of who I am is what my parents went through and instilled in me. And I never want to lose that. Ever. Because I would be so disappointed if I didn’t make them proud.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast