VIDEO Brazil 6-0 Iraq: Highlights of the Selecao’s Friendly Victory in Sweden
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 12, 2012 8:11 AM EST
Brazil cruised to a 6-0 victory over Iraq in Malmo as they continued their preparations for the 2014 World Cup. The emphatic win follows in the footsteps of an 8-0 triumph against China last month, although there will be far greater challenges ahead for under pressure coach Mano Menezes.
Chelsea midfielder Oscar set the Selecao on their way with a quick-fire brace before second-half strikes from Kaka, Hulk, Neymar and Lucas Moura.
The opening goal came after 22 minutes and it was wonderfully created by Neymar. The Santos star cut in from the left touchline with his exquisite close control before picking out Oscar with a perfect through ball allowing him to take a touch before sliding past Iraqi keeper Noor Sabri.
Neymar was integral to the second as well, just five minutes later. This time the forward slipped-in Kaka down the inside left channel, with the Real Madrid man taking the ball to the byline before picking out Oscar, who had the simplest of tasks to tap home from inside the six-yard box.
And provider turned scorer less than three minutes after the break as Kaka marked his first appearance for Brazil since the 2010 World Cup by getting on the score sheet. It was a fine strike too as the former Milan man raced clear in the inside left after a collision on the halfway line before dropping his shoulder past a defender and finishing left-footed high past the goalkeeper.
Perhaps with their crucial World Cup qualifier against Australia next Tuesday in mind, Iraq conceded three further goals in the remainder of the second period.
The fourth goal arrived in the 55th minute, through the new big money Zenit St Petersburg signing Hulk. The powerful forward took advantage of some slack Iraq challenges to get into a shooting position on his favored left foot and struck a shot past Sabri.
With 15 minutes remaining, Neymar got the goal his overall contribution merited. The 20-year-old picked up the ball on the left of the area before creating half a yard of space and with little backllift curling a superb shot inside the far post.
And Neymar was involved again to set up substitute Lucas Moura to wrap up the scoring with 10 minutes left on the clock. The future Paris Saint-Germain attacking midfielder played a one-two with Neymar after cutting in from the left before drilling low through the legs of a defender and catching out Sabri.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate