VIDEO Brazil 6-0 Iraq: Highlights of the Selecao’s Friendly Victory in Sweden
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 12, 2012 8:11 AM EST
Brazil cruised to a 6-0 victory over Iraq in Malmo as they continued their preparations for the 2014 World Cup. The emphatic win follows in the footsteps of an 8-0 triumph against China last month, although there will be far greater challenges ahead for under pressure coach Mano Menezes.
Chelsea midfielder Oscar set the Selecao on their way with a quick-fire brace before second-half strikes from Kaka, Hulk, Neymar and Lucas Moura.
The opening goal came after 22 minutes and it was wonderfully created by Neymar. The Santos star cut in from the left touchline with his exquisite close control before picking out Oscar with a perfect through ball allowing him to take a touch before sliding past Iraqi keeper Noor Sabri.
Neymar was integral to the second as well, just five minutes later. This time the forward slipped-in Kaka down the inside left channel, with the Real Madrid man taking the ball to the byline before picking out Oscar, who had the simplest of tasks to tap home from inside the six-yard box.
And provider turned scorer less than three minutes after the break as Kaka marked his first appearance for Brazil since the 2010 World Cup by getting on the score sheet. It was a fine strike too as the former Milan man raced clear in the inside left after a collision on the halfway line before dropping his shoulder past a defender and finishing left-footed high past the goalkeeper.
Perhaps with their crucial World Cup qualifier against Australia next Tuesday in mind, Iraq conceded three further goals in the remainder of the second period.
The fourth goal arrived in the 55th minute, through the new big money Zenit St Petersburg signing Hulk. The powerful forward took advantage of some slack Iraq challenges to get into a shooting position on his favored left foot and struck a shot past Sabri.
With 15 minutes remaining, Neymar got the goal his overall contribution merited. The 20-year-old picked up the ball on the left of the area before creating half a yard of space and with little backllift curling a superb shot inside the far post.
And Neymar was involved again to set up substitute Lucas Moura to wrap up the scoring with 10 minutes left on the clock. The future Paris Saint-Germain attacking midfielder played a one-two with Neymar after cutting in from the left before drilling low through the legs of a defender and catching out Sabri.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’