Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans: Where to Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview, Betting Odds
October 12, 2012 7:53 AM EST
Almost every year the Pittsburgh Steelers are one of the favorites in the AFC. At just 2-2 and in a tough division, however, they don’t have a great margin of error the rest of the way.
Pittsburgh stands alone in third place of the AFC North. After getting blown out by the Ravens in the opener, the Bengals have won three out of their last four games. Baltimore is in first at 4-1, and is one of the best teams in the NFL.
The Steelers look to climb above .500 as they kick off Week 6 of the 2012 season. They’ll visit the Tennessee Titans on Thursday Night Football.
The Titans don’t play in a very strong division, but are in more need of a victory than the Steelers. They stand at 1-4 and three games behind the first place Texans. Tennessee could quickly find themselves out of the playoff race with a few more losses.
The Titans have struggled so bad that they are underdogs at home. The betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has the Steelers favored by six points.
Tennessee’s struggles have come, largely, as a result of a historically bad defense. They are the only team in league history to allow at least 30 points in their first five games.
Ben Roethlisberger shouldn’t have much trouble picking apart a porous Titans secondary. He’s off to one of the hottest starts of his career. Roethlisberger is third among starters, posting a quarterback rating of 102.9. He’s thrown for 1,124 yards and nine touchdowns to just one interception.
The Pittsburgh offense will benefit from having a healthy Rashard Mendenhall in the lineup for a second straight week. The running back made his season debut last week against the Eagles. He picked up 68 yards on 13 carries, improving a Steelers ground attack that had been one of the NFL’s worst.
For a third straight week, Jake Locker will sit out with an injury. Matt Hasselbeck will start at quarterback for the Titans against a banged up defense. Troy Polamalu re-injured his calf on Sunday and will miss the contest.
Like every Thursday night game, this one is set to get underway at 8:20 on the NFL Network. If you can’t get to a TV or don’t have the channel, you can watch a live stream online at nfl.com. The Web site will provide live look-ins throughout the whole game for free.
Prediction: The Titans haven’t proven that they can slow down any offense. The Steelers should be able to have their way with Tennessee and win easily.
Pittsburgh 38, Tennessee 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet