Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans: Where to Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview, Betting Odds
October 12, 2012 7:53 AM EST
Almost every year the Pittsburgh Steelers are one of the favorites in the AFC. At just 2-2 and in a tough division, however, they don’t have a great margin of error the rest of the way.
Pittsburgh stands alone in third place of the AFC North. After getting blown out by the Ravens in the opener, the Bengals have won three out of their last four games. Baltimore is in first at 4-1, and is one of the best teams in the NFL.
The Steelers look to climb above .500 as they kick off Week 6 of the 2012 season. They’ll visit the Tennessee Titans on Thursday Night Football.
The Titans don’t play in a very strong division, but are in more need of a victory than the Steelers. They stand at 1-4 and three games behind the first place Texans. Tennessee could quickly find themselves out of the playoff race with a few more losses.
The Titans have struggled so bad that they are underdogs at home. The betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has the Steelers favored by six points.
Tennessee’s struggles have come, largely, as a result of a historically bad defense. They are the only team in league history to allow at least 30 points in their first five games.
Ben Roethlisberger shouldn’t have much trouble picking apart a porous Titans secondary. He’s off to one of the hottest starts of his career. Roethlisberger is third among starters, posting a quarterback rating of 102.9. He’s thrown for 1,124 yards and nine touchdowns to just one interception.
The Pittsburgh offense will benefit from having a healthy Rashard Mendenhall in the lineup for a second straight week. The running back made his season debut last week against the Eagles. He picked up 68 yards on 13 carries, improving a Steelers ground attack that had been one of the NFL’s worst.
For a third straight week, Jake Locker will sit out with an injury. Matt Hasselbeck will start at quarterback for the Titans against a banged up defense. Troy Polamalu re-injured his calf on Sunday and will miss the contest.
Like every Thursday night game, this one is set to get underway at 8:20 on the NFL Network. If you can’t get to a TV or don’t have the channel, you can watch a live stream online at nfl.com. The Web site will provide live look-ins throughout the whole game for free.
Prediction: The Titans haven’t proven that they can slow down any offense. The Steelers should be able to have their way with Tennessee and win easily.
Pittsburgh 38, Tennessee 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- Derrick Rose Is Lying About His Health Says ESPN Analyst Stephen A. Smith
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More