Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Tennessee Titans: Where to Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview, Betting Odds
October 12, 2012 7:53 AM EST
Almost every year the Pittsburgh Steelers are one of the favorites in the AFC. At just 2-2 and in a tough division, however, they don’t have a great margin of error the rest of the way.
Pittsburgh stands alone in third place of the AFC North. After getting blown out by the Ravens in the opener, the Bengals have won three out of their last four games. Baltimore is in first at 4-1, and is one of the best teams in the NFL.
The Steelers look to climb above .500 as they kick off Week 6 of the 2012 season. They’ll visit the Tennessee Titans on Thursday Night Football.
The Titans don’t play in a very strong division, but are in more need of a victory than the Steelers. They stand at 1-4 and three games behind the first place Texans. Tennessee could quickly find themselves out of the playoff race with a few more losses.
The Titans have struggled so bad that they are underdogs at home. The betting line at most Las Vegas sportsbooks has the Steelers favored by six points.
Tennessee’s struggles have come, largely, as a result of a historically bad defense. They are the only team in league history to allow at least 30 points in their first five games.
Ben Roethlisberger shouldn’t have much trouble picking apart a porous Titans secondary. He’s off to one of the hottest starts of his career. Roethlisberger is third among starters, posting a quarterback rating of 102.9. He’s thrown for 1,124 yards and nine touchdowns to just one interception.
The Pittsburgh offense will benefit from having a healthy Rashard Mendenhall in the lineup for a second straight week. The running back made his season debut last week against the Eagles. He picked up 68 yards on 13 carries, improving a Steelers ground attack that had been one of the NFL’s worst.
For a third straight week, Jake Locker will sit out with an injury. Matt Hasselbeck will start at quarterback for the Titans against a banged up defense. Troy Polamalu re-injured his calf on Sunday and will miss the contest.
Like every Thursday night game, this one is set to get underway at 8:20 on the NFL Network. If you can’t get to a TV or don’t have the channel, you can watch a live stream online at nfl.com. The Web site will provide live look-ins throughout the whole game for free.
Prediction: The Titans haven’t proven that they can slow down any offense. The Steelers should be able to have their way with Tennessee and win easily.
Pittsburgh 38, Tennessee 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup