'Duck Dynasty' Returns To Record Audience Numbers; Catch Up On The Premiere By Streaming
By IB Times Staff Reporter | October 12, 2012 6:43 AM EST
The self-proclaimed rednecks on A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” were back on Wednesday night to a record audience.
The popular reality show, which began its second season Wednesday night, focuses on the Robertson family. The bearded family members started a whittled duck-call business and turned it into a profitable commodity in its own right and followed that by starring in their own reality show.
Critics at the television blog 2zapit.com have equated the show’s success to a refreshing escape from the rubber necking quality that’s employed by MTV’s “Jersey Shore” and “Teen Mom.” The show might call itself reality but it’s authenticity has been questioned by some, as other A&E reality shows that flash a disclaimer during the episode that many of the program’s events have been staged for the cameras.
You can catch up on the show’s engrossing narrative and watch the season premiere by heading over to AETV.com. The channel’s website allows “Duck Dynasty” fans to tune into full episodes as well as popular clips.
The “Duck Dynasty” family was welcomed with open arms by a massive television audience. The Futon Critic blog, which tracks television ratings, reported that Wednesday night’s “Driving Miss Sadie” and the episode that followed drew in 3.8 million viewers, with audience numbers increasing as the hour the show was on continued.
The increase was good enough for an increased viewership of 111 percent among total viewers, most of which fell in key advertising demographics. That number is quite an uptick for not only “Duck Dynasty” but the entire A&E network.
For comparison’s sake, Fox’s “X Factor”– one of the most popular shows on television – attracted an audience of 9.5 million viewers during an episode last month while competing for viewers with fellow titans “Modern Family” and “Survivor,” according to the Hollywood Reporter. Earlier this year, the season five finale of “Mad Men” drew in 2.7 million viewers, a record high for the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko