Frenchman Insists No Troubles With AVB
By Vanessa Keller | October 12, 2012 1:07 AM EST
Hugo Lloris has insisted that there are no problems with Andre Villas-Boas at Tottenham, with the Frenchman keen to move on from the controversy surrounding his fight for a place on the side.
Llrois joined Spurs on the last day of the summer transfer window, but has only had one appearance in the league so far as Brad Friedel continues to be relied on first and foremost in the goalkeeping position.
Though there have been comments made by Villas-Boas, Didier Deschamps and Friedel and Lloris themselves about the situation, the 25 year old says that there haven't been any issues like those reported in the media.
He told L'Equipe: "About [the] rumours and what happens inside the club, everything has gone off smoothly.
"There are four keepers at a high level, the coach makes his choices, I have just been hired as part of the future project, but that project starts now. The relationship with Brad Friedel, the keepers' coach and manger are very good.
"I have not signed at Tottenham to play that [substitute] role, but I am at the disposal of the team, I respect everyone, but I came to play.
"Do I have guarantees for the future? No, I have not. The coach will make his choices. I just came into a new club so I am not here to create trouble, but rather to bring solutions."
While Friedel has been a very reliable keeper for Tottenham since his move to the club in the 2011 summer, he is now 41 years of age, and the side is looking to the future with their purchase of Lloris.
Europa League fixtures mean that for now at least, both stoppers will get the chance to build up game time, but problems could ensue if Lloris is left on the bench too many times for Friedel in the matches that matter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots