Frenchman Insists No Troubles With AVB
By Vanessa Keller | October 12, 2012 1:07 AM EST
Hugo Lloris has insisted that there are no problems with Andre Villas-Boas at Tottenham, with the Frenchman keen to move on from the controversy surrounding his fight for a place on the side.
Llrois joined Spurs on the last day of the summer transfer window, but has only had one appearance in the league so far as Brad Friedel continues to be relied on first and foremost in the goalkeeping position.
Though there have been comments made by Villas-Boas, Didier Deschamps and Friedel and Lloris themselves about the situation, the 25 year old says that there haven't been any issues like those reported in the media.
He told L'Equipe: "About [the] rumours and what happens inside the club, everything has gone off smoothly.
"There are four keepers at a high level, the coach makes his choices, I have just been hired as part of the future project, but that project starts now. The relationship with Brad Friedel, the keepers' coach and manger are very good.
"I have not signed at Tottenham to play that [substitute] role, but I am at the disposal of the team, I respect everyone, but I came to play.
"Do I have guarantees for the future? No, I have not. The coach will make his choices. I just came into a new club so I am not here to create trouble, but rather to bring solutions."
While Friedel has been a very reliable keeper for Tottenham since his move to the club in the 2011 summer, he is now 41 years of age, and the side is looking to the future with their purchase of Lloris.
Europa League fixtures mean that for now at least, both stoppers will get the chance to build up game time, but problems could ensue if Lloris is left on the bench too many times for Friedel in the matches that matter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar