Wilfried Zaha Urged to Stay Put amid Interest from Arsenal and Liverpool
By Vishnuprasad S | October 11, 2012 10:31 PM EST
Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman has advised winger Wilfried Zaha to ignore any interest from the Premier League heavyweights and focus on continuing the season with the south London club.
The 19-year-old, who has already notched four goals and two assists this season, has been attracting attention from Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City. However, Freedman feels that it is too early for the youngster to make a move to England's top flight.
"He's got huge potential. He's a wonderful, wonderful player but, better for myself, he's a wonderful young man. He knows exactly what his path is in football. He knows if he dedicates his life to football he can go a long, long way," TalkSport quoted Freedman.
"The situation is he has got a long contract and I've been working with Wilfried Zaha since the age of 14 years old, so the relationship is strong. I've got a responsibility to not only the club's fans but to Wilfried and his family to let them know when the time is right to move on. I strongly believe it is not right now," the 38-year-old pointed out.
The manager also revealed that even if the Premier League clubs make an offer for Zaha in the next transfer window, the Eagles will not be under any pressure to sell.
"He is playing games, he is getting the attention he deserves and he is working at his game. Sometimes money talks in football but we're at a club right now that is in no debt, we don't owe any money, and we don't have to sell," Freedman added.
Koscielny Injury not Serious
Arsenal and France centre-back Laurent Koscielny has been passed fit to play in the friendly against Japan, the Gunners have confirmed, as his knee injury was not as bad as first feared.
The 27-year-old was reportedly stretchered off during a Les Blues training session after colliding with teammate Franck Ribery. However, the player will be fit to feature against Japan and also the World Cup qualifier against Spain next week.
"After receiving a knock on his right knee at the end of the training session in Clairefontaine on Wednesday afternoon, Laurent Koscielny passed a very reassuring medical exam in the evening. The defender will take part in training on Thursday at 6.30pm at the Stade de France," read a statement on the Arsenal Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks