Wilfried Zaha Urged to Stay Put amid Interest from Arsenal and Liverpool
By Vishnuprasad S | October 11, 2012 10:31 PM EST
Crystal Palace manager Dougie Freedman has advised winger Wilfried Zaha to ignore any interest from the Premier League heavyweights and focus on continuing the season with the south London club.
The 19-year-old, who has already notched four goals and two assists this season, has been attracting attention from Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City. However, Freedman feels that it is too early for the youngster to make a move to England's top flight.
"He's got huge potential. He's a wonderful, wonderful player but, better for myself, he's a wonderful young man. He knows exactly what his path is in football. He knows if he dedicates his life to football he can go a long, long way," TalkSport quoted Freedman.
"The situation is he has got a long contract and I've been working with Wilfried Zaha since the age of 14 years old, so the relationship is strong. I've got a responsibility to not only the club's fans but to Wilfried and his family to let them know when the time is right to move on. I strongly believe it is not right now," the 38-year-old pointed out.
The manager also revealed that even if the Premier League clubs make an offer for Zaha in the next transfer window, the Eagles will not be under any pressure to sell.
"He is playing games, he is getting the attention he deserves and he is working at his game. Sometimes money talks in football but we're at a club right now that is in no debt, we don't owe any money, and we don't have to sell," Freedman added.
Koscielny Injury not Serious
Arsenal and France centre-back Laurent Koscielny has been passed fit to play in the friendly against Japan, the Gunners have confirmed, as his knee injury was not as bad as first feared.
The 27-year-old was reportedly stretchered off during a Les Blues training session after colliding with teammate Franck Ribery. However, the player will be fit to feature against Japan and also the World Cup qualifier against Spain next week.
"After receiving a knock on his right knee at the end of the training session in Clairefontaine on Wednesday afternoon, Laurent Koscielny passed a very reassuring medical exam in the evening. The defender will take part in training on Thursday at 6.30pm at the Stade de France," read a statement on the Arsenal Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features