Apple's iPhone always give away clues on the possible specs and features of iPad. Did iPhone 5 hinted some of the features incorporated in the rumored iPad Mini and iPad 4.
The iPad Mini is reported to be the new little iPad will feature a 7.85-inch IGZO display with 330 pixels/inch, 1024 x 768 resolution. It will be more affordable. It is also assumed that the new tablet will feature Apple's upcoming operating system, iO6.
Putting iOS 6 in the mini tablet will include a new, Google-free Maps app, and Passbook, and promises better Facebook integration, better maps, and better video conferences that use cellular data, according to Entrepreneur.com. It is also said to have a smaller dock connector and thinner bezel. It may also feature a music service similar to Pandora radio, WiFi, and Retina Display.
Below are some of the features that may be included in the upcoming iPad Mini hinted by iPhone 5.
- Smaller Dock Connector - One of most revolutionary features of iPhone 5 is the 8-pin dock connector. This will probably be included in the new iPad Mini as well. A smaller dock connector also gives way to more space inside the device, which is essential in making a miniature tablet.
- iOS 6 - All of the latest device of Apple run with iOS 6.
- NanoSIM - A smaller space inside the iPad Mini is of vital importance to include a lot of new features.
- A6 Chip Processor - At the core of the iPhone 5 is the revamped A6 system-on-a-chip (SoC). It features a dual-core 1.3 GHz custom Apple-designed ARMv7 CPU, and triple-core PowerVR SGX 543MP3. The current iPad 3 uses an A5X processor -- an upgraded A5 found in the iPhone 4S but with a quad-core GPU boost. iPad Mini will definitely use the upgraded processor.
- Worldwide 4G/LTE Connectivity - 4G/LTE connectivity easily became a mainstream of all current devices. While the iPad 3 has support for 4G LTE within the U.S., it didn't support 4G networks in other countries, such as the U.K. and Australia. This has been fixed in the iPhone 5, with the Qualcomm RTR8600 found in the iPad 3 being replaced by the much more capable Qualcomm MDM9615M LTE modem.
- In-Cell Technology - Another new feature present in the Phone 5 is the in-cell display. While traditional displays comprised of three different components -- the LCD itself, the touchscreen layer, and the protective glass -- in-cell technology combines the LCD and touchscreen layers into a single layer.
- Screen Aspect Ratio - iPhone 5 uses 16:9 aspect ratio which allowed it to keep the width of the iPhone the same. 16:9 is the standard aspect ratio for of HD-TV, non-HD digital television and analog widescreen television, and as such the ratio is ideal for video. This will probably be included in the new iPad Mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail: