EU Morning Report - S&P downgraded Spain
By NikolasX | October 11, 2012 6:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, following the downgrade of Spain’s sovereign rating by the S&P. The rating agency slashed the troubled nation’s credit rating by two notches to BBB minus, one notch above non-investment (junk) grade. The worsening economic conditions, rising unemployment and the uncertainty regarding the government’s intentions for an official bailout request were the key reasons behind this move.
§ The Australian dollar (AUD) is strengthening across the board, even as the unemployment rate increased unexpectedly to 5.4% from 5.1%. Given the softening labor market and recent rhetoric by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) there is heightened speculation among market participants that the central bank will proceed with another rate cut in November.
§ Oil had a volatile day, recoding a high at 93.64 following rising tensions in Syria and then plummeting to 91.02 dollars a barrel. The situation in Middle East, that now includes Turkey’s aggressive stance, is extremely fragile. Investors are trying to gauge the effect this will have on the supply of Oil, in the same time, they are trying to estimate the effect on demand coming from the worsening economy worldwide.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2890||LONG @ 1.2890||48% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||78.35||LONG @ 78.35||91% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6050||LONG @ 1.6050||45% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0220||LONG @ 1.0220||58% of deals buy AUD|
||LONG @ 1768
||57% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||92.90||SHORT @ 92.90||63% of deals buy OIL|
|.||CAD||12:30||Trade Balance in August
|.||USD||12:30||Initial Claims over the past week
|.||OIL||15:00||Crude Oil Inventories
The US dollar (USD) has not strengthened further versus the Swedish krona (SEK) but kept whipsawing above the new support area around 6.6900. This consolidation provides an opportunity for a great trade in terms of risk and reward. The trend is bullish and a long position with a tight stop loss could do that.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports