EU Morning Report - S&P downgraded Spain
By NikolasX | October 11, 2012 6:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, following the downgrade of Spain’s sovereign rating by the S&P. The rating agency slashed the troubled nation’s credit rating by two notches to BBB minus, one notch above non-investment (junk) grade. The worsening economic conditions, rising unemployment and the uncertainty regarding the government’s intentions for an official bailout request were the key reasons behind this move.
§ The Australian dollar (AUD) is strengthening across the board, even as the unemployment rate increased unexpectedly to 5.4% from 5.1%. Given the softening labor market and recent rhetoric by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) there is heightened speculation among market participants that the central bank will proceed with another rate cut in November.
§ Oil had a volatile day, recoding a high at 93.64 following rising tensions in Syria and then plummeting to 91.02 dollars a barrel. The situation in Middle East, that now includes Turkey’s aggressive stance, is extremely fragile. Investors are trying to gauge the effect this will have on the supply of Oil, in the same time, they are trying to estimate the effect on demand coming from the worsening economy worldwide.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2890||LONG @ 1.2890||48% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||78.35||LONG @ 78.35||91% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6050||LONG @ 1.6050||45% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0220||LONG @ 1.0220||58% of deals buy AUD|
||LONG @ 1768
||57% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||92.90||SHORT @ 92.90||63% of deals buy OIL|
|.||CAD||12:30||Trade Balance in August
|.||USD||12:30||Initial Claims over the past week
|.||OIL||15:00||Crude Oil Inventories
The US dollar (USD) has not strengthened further versus the Swedish krona (SEK) but kept whipsawing above the new support area around 6.6900. This consolidation provides an opportunity for a great trade in terms of risk and reward. The trend is bullish and a long position with a tight stop loss could do that.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble