EU Morning Report - S&P downgraded Spain
By NikolasX | October 11, 2012 6:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, following the downgrade of Spain’s sovereign rating by the S&P. The rating agency slashed the troubled nation’s credit rating by two notches to BBB minus, one notch above non-investment (junk) grade. The worsening economic conditions, rising unemployment and the uncertainty regarding the government’s intentions for an official bailout request were the key reasons behind this move.
§ The Australian dollar (AUD) is strengthening across the board, even as the unemployment rate increased unexpectedly to 5.4% from 5.1%. Given the softening labor market and recent rhetoric by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) there is heightened speculation among market participants that the central bank will proceed with another rate cut in November.
§ Oil had a volatile day, recoding a high at 93.64 following rising tensions in Syria and then plummeting to 91.02 dollars a barrel. The situation in Middle East, that now includes Turkey’s aggressive stance, is extremely fragile. Investors are trying to gauge the effect this will have on the supply of Oil, in the same time, they are trying to estimate the effect on demand coming from the worsening economy worldwide.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2890||LONG @ 1.2890||48% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||78.35||LONG @ 78.35||91% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6050||LONG @ 1.6050||45% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0220||LONG @ 1.0220||58% of deals buy AUD|
||LONG @ 1768
||57% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||92.90||SHORT @ 92.90||63% of deals buy OIL|
|.||CAD||12:30||Trade Balance in August
|.||USD||12:30||Initial Claims over the past week
|.||OIL||15:00||Crude Oil Inventories
The US dollar (USD) has not strengthened further versus the Swedish krona (SEK) but kept whipsawing above the new support area around 6.6900. This consolidation provides an opportunity for a great trade in terms of risk and reward. The trend is bullish and a long position with a tight stop loss could do that.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'