EU Morning Report - S&P downgraded Spain
By NikolasX | October 11, 2012 6:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, following the downgrade of Spain’s sovereign rating by the S&P. The rating agency slashed the troubled nation’s credit rating by two notches to BBB minus, one notch above non-investment (junk) grade. The worsening economic conditions, rising unemployment and the uncertainty regarding the government’s intentions for an official bailout request were the key reasons behind this move.
§ The Australian dollar (AUD) is strengthening across the board, even as the unemployment rate increased unexpectedly to 5.4% from 5.1%. Given the softening labor market and recent rhetoric by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) there is heightened speculation among market participants that the central bank will proceed with another rate cut in November.
§ Oil had a volatile day, recoding a high at 93.64 following rising tensions in Syria and then plummeting to 91.02 dollars a barrel. The situation in Middle East, that now includes Turkey’s aggressive stance, is extremely fragile. Investors are trying to gauge the effect this will have on the supply of Oil, in the same time, they are trying to estimate the effect on demand coming from the worsening economy worldwide.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2890||LONG @ 1.2890||48% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||78.35||LONG @ 78.35||91% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6050||LONG @ 1.6050||45% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0220||LONG @ 1.0220||58% of deals buy AUD|
||LONG @ 1768
||57% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||92.90||SHORT @ 92.90||63% of deals buy OIL|
|.||CAD||12:30||Trade Balance in August
|.||USD||12:30||Initial Claims over the past week
|.||OIL||15:00||Crude Oil Inventories
The US dollar (USD) has not strengthened further versus the Swedish krona (SEK) but kept whipsawing above the new support area around 6.6900. This consolidation provides an opportunity for a great trade in terms of risk and reward. The trend is bullish and a long position with a tight stop loss could do that.
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet