EU Morning Report - S&P downgraded Spain
By NikolasX | October 11, 2012 6:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is weakening against most of its major counterparts, following the downgrade of Spain’s sovereign rating by the S&P. The rating agency slashed the troubled nation’s credit rating by two notches to BBB minus, one notch above non-investment (junk) grade. The worsening economic conditions, rising unemployment and the uncertainty regarding the government’s intentions for an official bailout request were the key reasons behind this move.
§ The Australian dollar (AUD) is strengthening across the board, even as the unemployment rate increased unexpectedly to 5.4% from 5.1%. Given the softening labor market and recent rhetoric by the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) there is heightened speculation among market participants that the central bank will proceed with another rate cut in November.
§ Oil had a volatile day, recoding a high at 93.64 following rising tensions in Syria and then plummeting to 91.02 dollars a barrel. The situation in Middle East, that now includes Turkey’s aggressive stance, is extremely fragile. Investors are trying to gauge the effect this will have on the supply of Oil, in the same time, they are trying to estimate the effect on demand coming from the worsening economy worldwide.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2890||LONG @ 1.2890||48% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||78.35||LONG @ 78.35||91% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6050||LONG @ 1.6050||45% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0220||LONG @ 1.0220||58% of deals buy AUD|
||LONG @ 1768
||57% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||92.90||SHORT @ 92.90||63% of deals buy OIL|
|.||CAD||12:30||Trade Balance in August
|.||USD||12:30||Initial Claims over the past week
|.||OIL||15:00||Crude Oil Inventories
The US dollar (USD) has not strengthened further versus the Swedish krona (SEK) but kept whipsawing above the new support area around 6.6900. This consolidation provides an opportunity for a great trade in terms of risk and reward. The trend is bullish and a long position with a tight stop loss could do that.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales