5 Probable Reasons of Nokia Lumia 920 Delayed Release
By Kristin Dian Mariano | October 11, 2012 1:32 PM EST
Finnish mobile manufacturer Nokia has not yet announced the release date of its flagship phone Nokia Lumia 920, rumors claimed that the device will be released sometime in November or probably later this year.
A lot of people are waiting for the release of Nokia Lumia 920. It was first speculated that the amazing smartphone from Nokia will be available later this month. However, did Nokia delayed the release of the device?
Swisscom claimed that the handset would only land in "late November". Moreover, there remains "no information on ordering".
Another report revealed that the pre-order of Nokia Lumia 920 will start on October 21. AT&T in US will start the pre-order of Windows Phones such as Nokia Lumia 920, HTC 8X and Samsung ATIV S as early as October 21. The devices will be available on October 29.
Below are some of the probable reasons why the release of Nokia Lumia 920.
- Windows Phone 8 Availability - Just like the case of Galaxy Note 2 with Android Jelly Bean, the device is not yet released until the mobile software is made available.
- Software Tweaks - The company is probably doing last minute tweaks on some of the features of the software to ensure that it will work perfectly.
- Carriers - Earlier reports said that Nokia Lumia 920 will be exclusively available in AT&T in the US; while previous Nokia Lumias will be available at T-Mobile. Nokia must be ensuring that everything is all right with these carriers.
- Hardware Dry Run - To ensure that all of the features of the device are all right and will not suffer the same problems like the iPhone 5, Nokia is probably doing a hardware run on all of the features of the smartphone.
- Publicity - Nokia is using as much as publicity it can get for the device that will help in building a hype for the device.
Some of the smartphone's specs and features include PureMotion HD+ 4.5 inch display (1280 x 768 resolution), Dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor, NFC chip, 2,000mAh battery, and Qi wireless charging. Nokia is touting the Lumia 920′s premier feature as its new camera lens.
Nokia already announced the features and specs of the Nokia Lumia 920 in September without hinting as to when the consumers can lay their hands to the handset. The device is claimed to be the "make or break" device of the company. If the smartphone proved to be a failure, the company should simply throw the towel altogether.
The company introduced its prime smartphone in the market early this September. Nokia showed off its Lumia 920 powered by the new Windows Phone 8 operating system.
It is not yet confirmed as to when it will arrive in Australia and which carriers will offer the device. So far, it known that Nokia Lumia 920 will be available exclusively at AT&T in the United States. Nokia can expect high sales of the device if it will be released sometime this season.
To contact the editor, e-mail: