'Why I Changed My Vote' Ads Funded by Conservative Super PAC
By Ashley Portero | October 11, 2012 7:34 AM EST
Just as the Romney campaign appears to be stepping up its efforts to attract female voters, a conservative outside-spending group is airing a new advertisement featuring three women who said they will be casting their ballot for the Republican candidate in November, despite voting for President Barack Obama in 2008.
The advertisement, which debuted on television during the Oct. 1 episode of ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars,” features three women expressing their disappointment in Obama and hailing Mitt Romney as the only one who can tackle the problems facing the nation. It then ends by encouraging viewers to visit the website whyichangedmyvote.com.
“I had huge hopes, but you know, I got burned in 2008," says one woman identified as Jodi C. in the advertisement. “He has failed to address my two most important things, which are debt and divisiveness.”
The advertisement does not discuss how the Romney-Ryan ticket would lower the national debt, event though it was the issue of concern cited most often by the voters in the video.
The website also includes another advertisement starring former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis of Alabama -- who seconded Obama’s nomination for president at the 2008 Democratic National Convention – explaining his disdain for the Obama administration’s healthcare reform act and declaring that he plans to vote for Romney.
But that ad neglected to include two key pieces of information: First, Davis has said, on record, that he is considering running for office in Virginia as a Republican. Second, he actually endorsed Romney at the 2012 Republican National Convention.
The website, which appears to be selling itself as a resource for independent voters unsure of who to support in November, is owned by the Ending Spending Action Fund. According the Center for Responsive Politics, the organization is a conservative super PAC that has already spent more than $2 million campaigning against Obama this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown