Clueless Star Stacey Dash Faces 'Race Traitor' Slurs over Mitt Romney Endorsement [VIDEO]
By Toyin Owoseje | October 11, 2012 3:59 AM EST
Clueless star Stacey Dash has revealed that she was shocked and saddened about the racially charged backlash she received after she publicly endorsed Republican Mitt Romney on Twitter.
The 46-year-old actress became a victim of online abuse and scrutiny after she tweeted a photo, showing her support of Romney in the 2012 presidential race, on the micro-blogging site.
She captioned the photo of herself dressed in an attracrive red top in front of an American flag: "Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future".
Shortly after she posted her online message, the online community erupted with hate-filled messages accusing her of betraying her race.
Amongst the army of critics was Pulp Fiction star Samuel L. Jackson who tweeted: "Wait, did Stacey Dash Really endorse Romney today?! REALLY????! Is she CRA...........??!"
During an appearance on Pier Morgan's CNN show, Dash explained that race was not a determining factor in her support.
"I chose him not by the colour of his skin, but the content of his character," she said.
"People are all going to have their own opinion and that's the point. We are all entitled to our opinion and I used my platform to exercise my first amendment right as a citizen to say who I was going to vote for."
Dash went on to admit that although she did not feel offended by the negative response she received, she was shocked by it.
"I really don't understand the fiery. I don't get it. I am shocked. Saddened and shocked but you can't expect everyone to agree with you."
She claimed that in the wake of the mayhem, she received a call from Vice President candidate Paul Ryan, who hailed her as brave.
"He said, 'Thank you so much for your support,' and that I was brave, and they support me, and I thought that was so generous and kind," Dash added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date