Manchester United and Arsenal Midfielders Wanted by Championship Club
By Adrian Back | October 11, 2012 12:19 AM EST
Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Stale Solbakken is hoping to call upon Manchester United and Arsenal to boost his push for promotion by allowing him to take two midfielders on-loan.
Solbakken is desperate to strengthen his side in order to secure an instant return to the Premier League and would like to call upon the services of Emmanuel Frimpong and Robbie Brady.
The 20-year-old was sent out on loan to Hull last season where he earned rave reviews, and has since become a member of the Republic of Ireland squad under Giovanni Trapattoni.
Solbakken admitted that he was looking to bring players to the club and it could well be that United and Arsenal are approached during the international break.
"We have done some research and there's something we want to test out and we'll see this week if it's possible," Solbakken told the Mirror. "I have left it with Jez Moxey. The list is not very long because it's difficult to do something at this time of year."
Is it perhaps unsurprising that Wolves are keen to bring Frimpong to the club as he was due to spend last season with the club before injuring his cruciate ligament.
Frimpong has been working hard at Arsenal to regain his fitness and has been pushing for a recall to the first team squad.
However, the Gunners may decide that he needs to get regular first team football and a loan deal may be the best option.
Wolves have started the season well under their new manager and currently lie in third place after picking up 19 points from their opening 10 Championship fixtures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight