Manchester United and Arsenal Midfielders Wanted by Championship Club
By Adrian Back | October 11, 2012 12:19 AM EST
Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Stale Solbakken is hoping to call upon Manchester United and Arsenal to boost his push for promotion by allowing him to take two midfielders on-loan.
Solbakken is desperate to strengthen his side in order to secure an instant return to the Premier League and would like to call upon the services of Emmanuel Frimpong and Robbie Brady.
The 20-year-old was sent out on loan to Hull last season where he earned rave reviews, and has since become a member of the Republic of Ireland squad under Giovanni Trapattoni.
Solbakken admitted that he was looking to bring players to the club and it could well be that United and Arsenal are approached during the international break.
"We have done some research and there's something we want to test out and we'll see this week if it's possible," Solbakken told the Mirror. "I have left it with Jez Moxey. The list is not very long because it's difficult to do something at this time of year."
Is it perhaps unsurprising that Wolves are keen to bring Frimpong to the club as he was due to spend last season with the club before injuring his cruciate ligament.
Frimpong has been working hard at Arsenal to regain his fitness and has been pushing for a recall to the first team squad.
However, the Gunners may decide that he needs to get regular first team football and a loan deal may be the best option.
Wolves have started the season well under their new manager and currently lie in third place after picking up 19 points from their opening 10 Championship fixtures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales