Manchester United and Arsenal Midfielders Wanted by Championship Club
By Adrian Back | October 11, 2012 12:19 AM EST
Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Stale Solbakken is hoping to call upon Manchester United and Arsenal to boost his push for promotion by allowing him to take two midfielders on-loan.
Solbakken is desperate to strengthen his side in order to secure an instant return to the Premier League and would like to call upon the services of Emmanuel Frimpong and Robbie Brady.
The 20-year-old was sent out on loan to Hull last season where he earned rave reviews, and has since become a member of the Republic of Ireland squad under Giovanni Trapattoni.
Solbakken admitted that he was looking to bring players to the club and it could well be that United and Arsenal are approached during the international break.
"We have done some research and there's something we want to test out and we'll see this week if it's possible," Solbakken told the Mirror. "I have left it with Jez Moxey. The list is not very long because it's difficult to do something at this time of year."
Is it perhaps unsurprising that Wolves are keen to bring Frimpong to the club as he was due to spend last season with the club before injuring his cruciate ligament.
Frimpong has been working hard at Arsenal to regain his fitness and has been pushing for a recall to the first team squad.
However, the Gunners may decide that he needs to get regular first team football and a loan deal may be the best option.
Wolves have started the season well under their new manager and currently lie in third place after picking up 19 points from their opening 10 Championship fixtures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes