Manchester United and Arsenal Midfielders Wanted by Championship Club
By Adrian Back | October 11, 2012 12:19 AM EST
Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Stale Solbakken is hoping to call upon Manchester United and Arsenal to boost his push for promotion by allowing him to take two midfielders on-loan.
Solbakken is desperate to strengthen his side in order to secure an instant return to the Premier League and would like to call upon the services of Emmanuel Frimpong and Robbie Brady.
The 20-year-old was sent out on loan to Hull last season where he earned rave reviews, and has since become a member of the Republic of Ireland squad under Giovanni Trapattoni.
Solbakken admitted that he was looking to bring players to the club and it could well be that United and Arsenal are approached during the international break.
"We have done some research and there's something we want to test out and we'll see this week if it's possible," Solbakken told the Mirror. "I have left it with Jez Moxey. The list is not very long because it's difficult to do something at this time of year."
Is it perhaps unsurprising that Wolves are keen to bring Frimpong to the club as he was due to spend last season with the club before injuring his cruciate ligament.
Frimpong has been working hard at Arsenal to regain his fitness and has been pushing for a recall to the first team squad.
However, the Gunners may decide that he needs to get regular first team football and a loan deal may be the best option.
Wolves have started the season well under their new manager and currently lie in third place after picking up 19 points from their opening 10 Championship fixtures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’