Manchester United and Arsenal Midfielders Wanted by Championship Club
By Adrian Back | October 11, 2012 12:19 AM EST
Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Stale Solbakken is hoping to call upon Manchester United and Arsenal to boost his push for promotion by allowing him to take two midfielders on-loan.
Solbakken is desperate to strengthen his side in order to secure an instant return to the Premier League and would like to call upon the services of Emmanuel Frimpong and Robbie Brady.
The 20-year-old was sent out on loan to Hull last season where he earned rave reviews, and has since become a member of the Republic of Ireland squad under Giovanni Trapattoni.
Solbakken admitted that he was looking to bring players to the club and it could well be that United and Arsenal are approached during the international break.
"We have done some research and there's something we want to test out and we'll see this week if it's possible," Solbakken told the Mirror. "I have left it with Jez Moxey. The list is not very long because it's difficult to do something at this time of year."
Is it perhaps unsurprising that Wolves are keen to bring Frimpong to the club as he was due to spend last season with the club before injuring his cruciate ligament.
Frimpong has been working hard at Arsenal to regain his fitness and has been pushing for a recall to the first team squad.
However, the Gunners may decide that he needs to get regular first team football and a loan deal may be the best option.
Wolves have started the season well under their new manager and currently lie in third place after picking up 19 points from their opening 10 Championship fixtures.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan