Liverpool Links Excites Ajax Midfielder
By Nick Howson | October 10, 2012 12:49 AM EST
Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen says interest from the likes of Liverpool is special, but adds he has not given any thought to a departure from the Eredivisie side.
Eriksen is one of Europe's rising stars, and has previously been linked with a move to Manchester United following his impressive performances for his club and country Denmark during the summer's European Championship.
Reports in his homeland have linked him with a potential move to Liverpool, and while Eriksen is flattered by the reported interest, he has had no thoughts of leaving Ajax.
"It's very cool that the focus is on one of the big clubs [Liverpool]. It's very special, but I have not really thought about a club transfer in any way," Eriksen told tipsbladet.dk.
"We do not know yet. It really depends on the season and how it all looks like summer, says Eriksen.
"We hope and expect that we can continue. It will be a great achievement in itself, if we can be champions three years in a row, so that's what we go for."
Meanwhile, winger Stewart Downing is keen to win his place back in the Liverpool side having fallen out of favor under new manager Brendan Rodgers.
Downing has made just one league start under Rodgers this season, after being a near ever-present under Kenny Dalglish in the Premier League last term.
But the England international is yet to be taken to by Rodgers, who made public his disapointment with Downing's form, and the 28 year old says he is determined to break back into the reckoning at Anfield.
"I'm disappointed," he began. "if that's how the manager sees it then there's nothing I can do. I would have preferred it if it was private.
"I was upset but you'd have to ask the manager what he meant by it.
"Bravery is a lot of things. It's not just tackling. Bravery is also taking the ball when you are losing the game and trying to create things. That's what I try to do.
"I was surprised that it came out. I've obviously spoken to him on numerous occasions about different things when I wasn't in the team, private things, but the only thing I can do is keep playing well.
"I fought very hard when I was at Aston Villa to do well for them and get a good move to Liverpool."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time