Liverpool Links Excites Ajax Midfielder
By Nick Howson | October 10, 2012 12:49 AM EST
Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen says interest from the likes of Liverpool is special, but adds he has not given any thought to a departure from the Eredivisie side.
Eriksen is one of Europe's rising stars, and has previously been linked with a move to Manchester United following his impressive performances for his club and country Denmark during the summer's European Championship.
Reports in his homeland have linked him with a potential move to Liverpool, and while Eriksen is flattered by the reported interest, he has had no thoughts of leaving Ajax.
"It's very cool that the focus is on one of the big clubs [Liverpool]. It's very special, but I have not really thought about a club transfer in any way," Eriksen told tipsbladet.dk.
"We do not know yet. It really depends on the season and how it all looks like summer, says Eriksen.
"We hope and expect that we can continue. It will be a great achievement in itself, if we can be champions three years in a row, so that's what we go for."
Meanwhile, winger Stewart Downing is keen to win his place back in the Liverpool side having fallen out of favor under new manager Brendan Rodgers.
Downing has made just one league start under Rodgers this season, after being a near ever-present under Kenny Dalglish in the Premier League last term.
But the England international is yet to be taken to by Rodgers, who made public his disapointment with Downing's form, and the 28 year old says he is determined to break back into the reckoning at Anfield.
"I'm disappointed," he began. "if that's how the manager sees it then there's nothing I can do. I would have preferred it if it was private.
"I was upset but you'd have to ask the manager what he meant by it.
"Bravery is a lot of things. It's not just tackling. Bravery is also taking the ball when you are losing the game and trying to create things. That's what I try to do.
"I was surprised that it came out. I've obviously spoken to him on numerous occasions about different things when I wasn't in the team, private things, but the only thing I can do is keep playing well.
"I fought very hard when I was at Aston Villa to do well for them and get a good move to Liverpool."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group Stage: Puerto Rico vs. Argentina Live Streaming Info and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: France vs. Serbia Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports