iOS6 features can sound intimidating to some people who are fine with keeping things simple. There are Apple device users who appreciate their gadget for its aesthetic value. Some just consider their own brand loyalty. But the iOS6 carries with it simple and easy features that non-techie users can enjoy, too.
Here are some examples of what non-techie users can easily try on their iOS6 device.
iOS 6 Features: Top 8 Best Things non-Techie Apple Users would Enjoy
1. iMessage - Activate iMessage on your device settings. Go to Settings, then tap Messages. Enjoy unlimited text as long as the other person you're texting is online on their Apple device. (Right, even when they are on their iPad, iPod touch and Mac.)
2. Cellular Facetime - Now you can enjoy Facetime even on 3G or cellular data connection. With an alternative internet connection available for your fun Facetime call, you are less restricted in terms of where you should be when making a call.
3. Quicker Facebook Access - Outside the Facebook app, your iOS 6 device calendar will remind you of your Facebook contact's birthday. Just go to Contacts, tap Groups, and check All Facebook. You can also share photos straight from your gallery.
4. "Do not Disturb" - It's your key to a restful vacation, night time or weekend. You can easily filter calls so that only truly important calls would go through. You don't have to be a techie to fix it on your device settings.
5. Quick Change to "Sent from an iPhone" - A couple of taps from the settings will enable you to have a unique signature for every e-mail account. Just go to Settings, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars. There you you will find Signature. Tap, and type a custom signature for each of your account.
6. Your Own Alarm Song - If you want to wake up to your favorite song of the week, just go to Alarm, tap Edit, and then choose a song from your albums. No sweat.
7. Photo Stream - If you resist "following" popular networks like Facebook and Twitter, you can share special photos to selected Apple contacts only. Go to Settings, tap Photos and Camera, and slide on the Photo Stream. Once this is done, go to the photo you want to share, and choose Photo Stream as your sharing channel. Just like that, the persons who are able to view that photo will be highlighted on your contacts once you tap the "+" icon. Choose, and then you're done.
8. Quick Polite Call Response - During an incoming call, just choose Reply with Message. Your iOS6 device will text the caller an automated message. Just go to Settings, tap Phone, and then tap Reply with Message.
iOS 6 Tweets
Twitter users who have upgraded to the iOS 6 are sharing their thoughts with the world. Here are some examples:
@marcoarment: Used iOS 6 Maps this weekend. Worked great, and better than Google Maps ever did. Sorry to disappoint everyone.
@blondehairlife: Just now finding out you can play songs for your alarm. #IOS6 #iphone
Apple iPad Mini: Rumours, Release Date Speculations and Tumblr Images [PHOTOS]
Google Nexus 7 32GB Delivered by Mistake in Japan? Lucky Buyer! [PHOTO]
To contact the editor, e-mail: