Gossip Girl is back with "Gone Maybe Gone," the first episode of its last season. Does the premiere promise an eventful farewell to the fans' favorite Upper Eastsiders?
Spoiler alert: This recap contains light spoilers and some quotes from the Gossip Girl Season 6 premiere.
New Mrs. Reynolds, Blake Lively, Back on the Set of ‘Gossip Girl’
First, a very quick look back to Season 5: Blair pushed Serena away after she leaked her diary to Gossip Girl. Serena tried to seduce Dan, but he was revolted by her actions. Dan found out Blair never really loved him. He wanted revenge so he called Georgina to help out. Chuck discovered his father faked his death. Nate decided to run the Spectator alone. Ivy took Lily's payment for her "service." Then she vowed to Lola that she'll take Lily down. Lily and Rufus parted ways (again). Blair declared to Chuck she's "all in" this time around. Serena decided it was time to run away. Again.
Gossip Girl S6E1 Top 10 Highlights: "Gone Maybe Gone"
10. Ivy Dicken's plan to destroy Lily seems to be in motion. And the show runners found a way to explain why Lola won't be back anymore. Ivy tells Lola on the phone: "So, congrats on booking a TV series. NBC, huh? It's very impressive." What do you know, Ella Rae Peck was actually cast on an NBC drama called "Infamous."
9. Fans will love all the Georgina-Dan banter. (But no one can top the Georgina-Blair verbal sparring). She describes something important to Dan as "fifty shades of boring."
8. Chuck tries to focus on the Bass business and prove his father wrong.
7. Blair aims to show the Olsen twins that she can be just as good as they are, with Waldorf Designs. (Multiple personalities vs twins?)
6. Blair and Chuck will not disappoint the Chair fans. And he will do what she tells him to do. Again.
5. Blair stops Serena's wedding. But it's more complicated than Blair thought.
4. Dan and Blair speak again. And he makes her think things over - and it is not exactly a bad thing.
3. Dan, Chuck, Nate, Blair and Georgina are together again in a single act. They go on a search mission for Serena.
2. Blair and Serena go through the BFF drama like high school girls again. But Serena wants out.
1. An engagement ring is spotted. But there really isn't an engagement, technically.
Several witty and funny quotes pepper this premiere. Take it all in. This one's not among the funny ones, but it's a teaser for those who have not seen the episode:
"I hope you do marry this guy. Frankly, it would be the kind of desperate, attention-seeking stunt that would prove you're every bit as shallow and sad as the character in my book." - Dan
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 10 Hottest Celebrities with Shocking Weight Loss (And Find Out Their Secrets!) [PHOTOS]
- SEE PHOTOS! Eva Longoria Wears No Panties at Cannes 2013, Revealed in Embarrassing Wardrobe Malfunction [SLIDESHOW]
- Demi Lovato Snapped Getting Flirty with The X-Factor Boss, Simon Cowell? [PHOTOS]
- Australia Bids Adieu to Adam Spencer's Mornings on ABC's "702 Breakfast" Show [PHOTOS]