XXDLIB Based TurkbeyROM for Galaxy S3 I9300
Samsung Galaxy S3 gets yet another Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update with XXDLIB based TurkbeyROM, which includes all the latest updated apps and a plethora of new features. The installation of this ROM requires your phone to be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery installed on it.
XXDLIB TurkbeyROM Based Android 4.1.1 Firmware Features
- Deodexed, Rooted and Zipaligned
- Wipe (added the option to create EFS backup during installation)
- EFS Backup (added the option to create EFS backup during installation)
- Custom Boot-animation
- CWM Manager v3.60 by Chainfire (limited compatibility)
- SuperSU v0.96
- init.d support without the need of a kernel that supports init.d
- Added ARM TrustZone system security
- 4 way reboot
- Wipe cache partition automatic before ROM installation
- Wipe Dalvik Cache automatic during installation
- Hide SMS from Call Log
- All supported languages enabled
- All supported languages for Samsung Keyboard enabled
- Battery Percent mod
- Disabled scrolling cache
- Enabled call recording
- Removed keyguard and other security policies from email app
- Hacked Email
- Added New Hosts
- Tweaks for sqlite optimization
- Zipalign apps at boot
- Tweaks for smoother scrolling
- Tweaks for wireless connectivity
- More free RAM with greater stability
- Many tweaks for better life
- Added home lag fix
- Fix for cell standby issue
- Added 15 Toggles Bar Mod ( thanks to Wanam )
- Added lockscreen and jobmanager icons in systemui
- Fix gray status-bar to black
- Added new bars icon for lidroid in Aroma
- -Turkbey Theme1
- -Turkbey Theme2
- -Classic White
- -Classic Light Blue
- -Classic Blue (Default)
- Added hardware information in setting
- Added turkbey icons for apps
- Big weather icon in lockscreen
- Transparent weather widget
- Added Galaxy Note 2 gallery in aroma
- Changed setup wizard
Key Points to Note
- The TurkbeyROM and the instructions given in this guide are compatible only with the Galaxy S3 I9300 model and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About phone.
- IBTimes UK advises users to backup apps, important personal data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update.
- Do a Dalvik Cache wipe before continuing from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise your phone after flashing the TurkbeyROM, as it is a custom firmware.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of flashing the XXDLIB based TurkbeyROM on your Galaxy S3. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure that you have installed the correct USB drivers on your Galaxy S3 I9300 to enable connectivity with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S3 USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Developer options. This feature supports connectivity between your Android phone and the computer.
- Verify that your phone's battery is at least 85 percent charged to avoid unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while flashing the ROM or installing the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S3 is rooted and factory unlocked. Also, ensure that ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery is installed on it before proceeding with the ROM installation procedure.
How to Install XXDLIB TurkbeyROM Based Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy S3 I9300
Step 1 - Download XXDLIB TurkbeyROM Based 4.1.1 ROM for Galaxy S3 to your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy S3 USB mass storage on your computer using an USB cable.
Step 3 - Without extracting, copy the downloaded TurkbeyROM zip file to the root folder on your SD card.
Step 4 - Power off your phone and unplug the USB cable from the computer.
Step 5 - Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the device boots into CWM recovery mode.
Step 6 - In CWM recovery, do a full data wipe first. Browse and locate flash zip from SD card option and tap the Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Hit the Power button again and click choose zip from sdcard.
Step 8 - Use volume keys to browse and locate the TurkbeyROM zip file that you copied to your SD card in step 3. Then, select it using the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
Step 9 - Once the ROM is installed, hit Go Back and select reboot system now from the recovery menu. The phone will reboot now and the first boot may take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
XXDLIB TurkbeyROM based Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM is now successfully installed on your Galaxy S3 I9300. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: