Asha Bhosle’s Daughter Commits Suicide; Police Suspect Depression
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 8, 2012 10:15 PM EST
The daughter of renowned playback singer Asha Bhosle committed suicide by shooting herself with a revolver on Monday. She was in her mid 50s.
Varsha Bhosle, a singer and columnist by profession, turned the gun on herself at her home Prabhu Kunj on Peddar Road. The incident was said to have taken place around 12.15 pm, Hindustan Times reported.
Initial investigation revealed that Varsha had shot herself twice after which she was immediately rushed to a local hospital where she was declared dead.
Police are currently investigating the death. No suicide note was found but officials suspect that Varsha was under depression and had decided to kill herself. It was said that she had twice attempted suicide in the past four years.
According to Daily Bhaskar, she was receiving psychiatric treatment in Mumbai.
Asha lives in the same locality but was out of the country when her daughter took the extreme step. Asha is currently in Singapore for the Marathi International Film and Theatre Awards (MIFTA).
Varsha was a divorcee and was Asha's second child. She did her schooling from Hill Grange High School in Mumbai and studied Political Science at Elphinstone College. She wrote columns for web portal Rediff and was also with The Sunday Observer and the Gentleman magazine.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- New Zealand PM John Key Aware of Kiwis Joining ISIS; New Zealand Not Ready For Airstrikes
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia