A new custom ROM known as InsertCoin has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S3. The ROM is based on the official Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) XXDLIB firmware. The InsertCoin ROM is rooted by default and comes with several tweaks to provide faster performance.
Take a look at the instructions below to install InsertCoin ROM on Galaxy S3. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick your device.
Device compatibility: The ROM and guide below are compatible only with the Galaxy S3 carrying model number i9300. Do no attempt to try the method on US variants or any other devices. Check the device's model number by heading to Settings > About phone.
Requirements: Backup all your data and ensure that you have installed ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery in your device.
How to install InsertCoin ROM on your Galaxy S3:
- Download InsertCoin ROM from here and copy it to the device's internal storage
- Boot the device into CWM recovery. To do so, switch off the phone and hold Volume Up + Home + Power keys until the screen will turn on. Within few seconds, the device will boot into CWM recovery. Use Volume keys to scroll up/down and choose Home button to select the options
- Make a backup of your existing ROM by tapping on Backup and then slide the blue circle button to start the backup
- Go back to main recovery and choose wipe data/factory reset. Choose Yes to confirm wiping
- Choose install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to and choose the ROM file and then confirm installation be tapping on Yes. The ROM will begin installing
- Choose go back and then select reboot system now to reboot the device into InsertCoin ROM
Note: If you want to go back to the previous ROM boot the device into recovery as explained in step 2. Choose backup and restore and then restore the previous ROM by choosing it from the list.
Your Galaxy S3 should now be running on InsertCoin ROM based on official XXDLIB firmware.
[Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]
To contact the editor, e-mail: