Real Madrid and Barcelona Play to an Epic Draw, 2-2
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 8, 2012 2:38 PM EST
Two of the most prominent players in the world battled on Sunday as Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi eached scored two goals, as Real Madrid and Barcelona played to a 2-2 result at Camp Nou.
Ronaldo got the scoring started in the 23rd minute with a left-footed shot to the near post following some clever passing from teammates and off the assist from Karim Benzema.
Eight minutes later, it was Messi's turn. When centre back Pepe failed to clear the ball in the box, Messi was able to poke the ball past Iker Casillas.
Messi would add his second goal in the 61st minute when he deftly curled a free kick beyond the reach of Casillas.
Ronaldo would level the match five minutes later when the Portugal star received a fine pass from Mesut Ozil and took an uncontested shot on Victor Valdes.
Each club took 10 shots, but Real Madrid had three on goal, while Barcelona had two on target. Barcelona controlled possession for 70 percent of the match.
Real Madrid will likely appreciate the draw considering the opponent and the venue. Jose Mourinho's squad has got off to a rougher start than many were expecting from the league champions. However, Los Blancos had several chances to score and put Barcelona away in El Clasico.
The draw ends Barcelona's perfect start. The Catalans had perviously won all six of their La Liga matches.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS