Real Madrid and Barcelona Play to an Epic Draw, 2-2
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | October 8, 2012 2:38 PM EST
Two of the most prominent players in the world battled on Sunday as Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi eached scored two goals, as Real Madrid and Barcelona played to a 2-2 result at Camp Nou.
Ronaldo got the scoring started in the 23rd minute with a left-footed shot to the near post following some clever passing from teammates and off the assist from Karim Benzema.
Eight minutes later, it was Messi's turn. When centre back Pepe failed to clear the ball in the box, Messi was able to poke the ball past Iker Casillas.
Messi would add his second goal in the 61st minute when he deftly curled a free kick beyond the reach of Casillas.
Ronaldo would level the match five minutes later when the Portugal star received a fine pass from Mesut Ozil and took an uncontested shot on Victor Valdes.
Each club took 10 shots, but Real Madrid had three on goal, while Barcelona had two on target. Barcelona controlled possession for 70 percent of the match.
Real Madrid will likely appreciate the draw considering the opponent and the venue. Jose Mourinho's squad has got off to a rougher start than many were expecting from the league champions. However, Los Blancos had several chances to score and put Barcelona away in El Clasico.
The draw ends Barcelona's perfect start. The Catalans had perviously won all six of their La Liga matches.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe