'Die Hard 5' Trailer Premiers, But Is The Franchise In Danger Of Being Played Out?
By Eric Brown | October 8, 2012 6:49 AM EST
A few days ago, the first trailer for Bruce Willis’ latest action outing, “Die Hard 5,” titled “A Good Day to Die Hard,” was released online. And while the trailer has some fans of the series excited for a new installment, plenty of critics believe the fifth “Die Hard” will simply likely drag the series down.
The trailer for “A Good Day to Die Hard” gives away little of the film’s plot, which reportedly involves John McClane traveling to Russia in order to save his adult son from terrorists.
While those plot beats aren’t revealed in the trailer, the promotional spot is full of plenty of shots of Russian buildings being blown up over music from the first “Die Hard.” The trailer’s sole line of dialog is Bruce Willis simply describing himself as “the 007 of Plainfield, New Jersey.”
However, while audiences have traditionally been excited for “Die Hard” films in the past, the reception for the first glimpse of “A Good Day to Die Hard” hasn’t exactly been the most positive.
Grantland’s Dan Silver, for instance, has had some particularly harsh things to say about the latest few entries in the “Die Hard” franchise.
“Die Hard is the Joan Rivers of film franchises,” Silver writes. “It’s had so much work done to it that 1988’s taut, straightforward, hardcore cat-and-mouse action thriller would gasp in horror if it ever saw what it would become in 2013. With each passing film, Die Hard’s kernels of plausibility and decorum seem to shrivel away.”
Even the Huffington Post says that the latest “Die Hard” installment “comes along with diminished expectations” after the disappointment of “Live Free or Die Hard.”
So will the next “Die Hard” be a flop or a success? Decide for yourself by watching the trailer below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues