Chicago Bears vs Jacksonville Jaguars: Where to Watch Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview for Sunday’s NFL Game
October 8, 2012 4:47 AM EST
The Chicago Bears challenge the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday afternoon at EverBank Field.
The game begins at 4:05 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Chicago’s defense scorched the Dallas Cowboys for five interceptions and two touchdowns Monday night, en route to a 34-18 win.
Cornerback Charles Tillman and linebacker Lance Briggs ran back two of the picks for touchdowns, and quarterback Jay Cutler was untouchable in the second half, hitting receivers Devin Hester and Brandon Marshall for scores.
Cutler finished 18-for-24 for 275 yards, and Marshall had his best game as a Bear with seven receptions for 138 yards.
The Bears were so dominant they padded their defensive stats and are now third in the league with 15 sacks, and first in interceptions with 11.
Chicago's defense could be set for another strong performance against Jacksonville, who ranks last in the NFL in points per game.
The Jaguars only mustered 212 total yards and quarterback Blaine Gabbert was sacked six times in their 27-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals last week.
"We've got to perform better," Gabbert said to Stats LLC. "We've got to execute better at a higher level. We've just got to get better there, get back to the drawing board, control what we can control and just get better from it."
Gabbert went 23-for-34 for 186 yards and a touchdown to tight end Mercedes Lewis in the second quarter, but the Jaguars didn’t generate another touchdown drive.
The Bengals held running back Maurice Jones-Drew to 38 yards, and NFL’s leading rusher in 2011 has one touchdown this season.
Jones-Drew will have to find a way to gain yards against the Bears punishing front line, and top rookie receiver Justin Blackmon must score his first career touchdown.
In three games this season, Blackmon has 10 receptions for 79 yards with no scores, and his longest catch netted 14 yards.
Betting Odds: Chicago is favored by 6 points; Over/Under: 41 points
Prediction: The Jaguars couldn’t have asked for a tougher opponent with their offense struggling. Chicago will get to Gabbert, who has already been sacked 12 times this season, and Cutler and Marshall should hook up for the bulk of the Bears points in a win.
Predicted Score: Chicago 30, Jacksonville 9
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features