Chicago Bears vs Jacksonville Jaguars: Where to Watch Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview for Sunday’s NFL Game
October 8, 2012 4:47 AM EST
The Chicago Bears challenge the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday afternoon at EverBank Field.
The game begins at 4:05 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Chicago’s defense scorched the Dallas Cowboys for five interceptions and two touchdowns Monday night, en route to a 34-18 win.
Cornerback Charles Tillman and linebacker Lance Briggs ran back two of the picks for touchdowns, and quarterback Jay Cutler was untouchable in the second half, hitting receivers Devin Hester and Brandon Marshall for scores.
Cutler finished 18-for-24 for 275 yards, and Marshall had his best game as a Bear with seven receptions for 138 yards.
The Bears were so dominant they padded their defensive stats and are now third in the league with 15 sacks, and first in interceptions with 11.
Chicago's defense could be set for another strong performance against Jacksonville, who ranks last in the NFL in points per game.
The Jaguars only mustered 212 total yards and quarterback Blaine Gabbert was sacked six times in their 27-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals last week.
"We've got to perform better," Gabbert said to Stats LLC. "We've got to execute better at a higher level. We've just got to get better there, get back to the drawing board, control what we can control and just get better from it."
Gabbert went 23-for-34 for 186 yards and a touchdown to tight end Mercedes Lewis in the second quarter, but the Jaguars didn’t generate another touchdown drive.
The Bengals held running back Maurice Jones-Drew to 38 yards, and NFL’s leading rusher in 2011 has one touchdown this season.
Jones-Drew will have to find a way to gain yards against the Bears punishing front line, and top rookie receiver Justin Blackmon must score his first career touchdown.
In three games this season, Blackmon has 10 receptions for 79 yards with no scores, and his longest catch netted 14 yards.
Betting Odds: Chicago is favored by 6 points; Over/Under: 41 points
Prediction: The Jaguars couldn’t have asked for a tougher opponent with their offense struggling. Chicago will get to Gabbert, who has already been sacked 12 times this season, and Cutler and Marshall should hook up for the bulk of the Bears points in a win.
Predicted Score: Chicago 30, Jacksonville 9
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone