Chicago Bears vs Jacksonville Jaguars: Where to Watch Live Online Stream, Betting Odds, Prediction, and Preview for Sunday’s NFL Game
October 8, 2012 4:47 AM EST
The Chicago Bears challenge the Jacksonville Jaguars Sunday afternoon at EverBank Field.
The game begins at 4:05 p.m. EDT and will be shown by FOX, or watch a live stream online by purchasing NFL Sunday Ticket Max.
Chicago’s defense scorched the Dallas Cowboys for five interceptions and two touchdowns Monday night, en route to a 34-18 win.
Cornerback Charles Tillman and linebacker Lance Briggs ran back two of the picks for touchdowns, and quarterback Jay Cutler was untouchable in the second half, hitting receivers Devin Hester and Brandon Marshall for scores.
Cutler finished 18-for-24 for 275 yards, and Marshall had his best game as a Bear with seven receptions for 138 yards.
The Bears were so dominant they padded their defensive stats and are now third in the league with 15 sacks, and first in interceptions with 11.
Chicago's defense could be set for another strong performance against Jacksonville, who ranks last in the NFL in points per game.
The Jaguars only mustered 212 total yards and quarterback Blaine Gabbert was sacked six times in their 27-10 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals last week.
"We've got to perform better," Gabbert said to Stats LLC. "We've got to execute better at a higher level. We've just got to get better there, get back to the drawing board, control what we can control and just get better from it."
Gabbert went 23-for-34 for 186 yards and a touchdown to tight end Mercedes Lewis in the second quarter, but the Jaguars didn’t generate another touchdown drive.
The Bengals held running back Maurice Jones-Drew to 38 yards, and NFL’s leading rusher in 2011 has one touchdown this season.
Jones-Drew will have to find a way to gain yards against the Bears punishing front line, and top rookie receiver Justin Blackmon must score his first career touchdown.
In three games this season, Blackmon has 10 receptions for 79 yards with no scores, and his longest catch netted 14 yards.
Betting Odds: Chicago is favored by 6 points; Over/Under: 41 points
Prediction: The Jaguars couldn’t have asked for a tougher opponent with their offense struggling. Chicago will get to Gabbert, who has already been sacked 12 times this season, and Cutler and Marshall should hook up for the bulk of the Bears points in a win.
Predicted Score: Chicago 30, Jacksonville 9
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’